• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The only way you’d actually believe Trump wasn’t associated with it is if you never read it, hell, even skimmed it. It’s apparent immediately. A bunch of his henchman are the authors.

lol how is it that republicans always seem to be fighting against normal basic popular things and it’s still a toss up. someone find that everyone gets a puppy vs diarrhea forever meme

I think it’s that weird conservative American mentality where they view benefits like these as a zero sum game, and they’re obsessed with kicking the ladder down behind them when they’ve personally made progress.

For example, a Republican voter who already has health care coverage, makes more than minimum wage or gets sick leave view those as things they’ve earned through their virtuous hard work.

And then if the government comes along and wants to guarantee a higher minimum wage, sick leave or health care for everyone, then that’s the government taking money out of their pockets to hand out those benefits to lazy-ass losers who haven’t earned it like they have.

I think it’s that weird conservative American mentality where they view benefits like these as a zero sum game, and they’re obsessed with kicking the ladder down behind them when they’ve personally made progress.

For example, a Republican voter who already has health care coverage, makes more than minimum wage or gets sick leave view those as things they’ve earned through their virtuous hard work.

And then if the government comes along and wants to guarantee a higher minimum wage, sick leave or health care for everyone, then that’s the government taking money out of their pockets to hand out those benefits to lazy-ass losers who haven’t earned it like they have.
Ah yes, the ol’ “I got mine, fuck everyone else” thing. Just like I learned in Sunday School.

Back