• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

While I appreciate every Republican and Conservative who isn’t a member of the cult and even moreso those who are willing to publicly come out against him in support of Harris, stuff like this (“there’s nothing ‘conservative’ about Trump”) still tweaks me a bit.

It strikes me as an attempt to “no true Scotsman” their way out of the responsibility American conservatism and the Republican Party bear for assiduously tilling and fertilizing the soil that the Tea Party movement and Trumpism both sprouted from.

While I appreciate every Republican and Conservative who isn’t a member of the cult and even moreso those who are willing to publicly come out against him in support of Harris, stuff like this (“there’s nothing ‘conservative’ about Trump”) still tweaks me a bit.

It strikes me as an attempt to “no true Scotsman” their way out of the responsibility American conservatism and the Republican Party bear for assiduously tilling and fertilizing the soil that the Tea Party movement and Trumpism both sprouted from.

yup. they have to own the party's clear shift to radicalism and extremist nationalist thought, as well as the many standing by and watching while it happened.. but instead, like everything else, they gaslight and pretend their opponents have shifted instead

I mean there is a left and a right in every political system, and liberals aren't always right on every issue. I can certainly distinguish and have a reasonable conversation with an informed conservative or libertarian about the issues, even if we agree to disagree.

That's entirely different from MAGA which is a cult based around an idiot with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I understand what you're saying about how we got to this point. I've been saying it for years, where the fuck are these people? ie. the principled conservatives who know this shit is wrong. Some did speak out a long time ago, and a lot more started standing up to Trumpism around 2020. I mean it's horrible but late is still better than never.

Q's likely down ~13% from ath upon market open tomorrow. All in under a month. Staircase up, elevator down!

Reactions: CH1
Back