• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

View: https://x.com/Liz_Cheney/status/1821278856365715849

zxZK6b5.gif

My for you tab is a mix of that crazy shit because I do have morbid curiosity and some pro dem shit with zeke taking up most of it. He's a twitter sensation these days.

Here's the thing...the fundamental problems with the polls haven't changed. The weightings a high percentage of polls use are bad and seems to have a baked in .5-1.0 point R advantage, the census data is bad and really likely favour Republican heavy demos, and the poll aggregators include a lot of shitty partisan polls in their numbers and even just a cursory look at them shows it to mostly be a Republican driven phenomena.

Even with those handicaps, we're going to start to see some heavy pro Kamabla numbers. Like we saw in Washington today, when the actual votes get counted, Democrats have been shit kicking at higher levels than expected since the repeal of Roe.

Here's the thing...the fundamental problems with the polls haven't changed. The weightings a high percentage of polls use are bad and seems to have a baked in .5-1.0 point R advantage, the census data is bad and really likely favour Republican heavy demos, and the poll aggregators include a lot of shitty partisan polls in their numbers and even just a cursory look at them shows it to mostly be a Republican driven phenomena.

Even with those handicaps, we're going to start to see some heavy pro Kamabla numbers. Like we saw in Washington today, when the actual votes get counted, Democrats have been shit kicking at higher levels than expected since the repeal of Roe.
I agree with all of this. If there actually is a Kamala +8 coming tonight it’ll be interesting to see how the crosstabs shift.

Back