• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

IMG_1397.jpeg

@CH1, as someone who thinks people are too critical of the NYT here, do you think this is a reasonable and accurate front page headline the morning after that unhinged presser?

Last edited:
View attachment 21548

@CH1, as someone who thinks people are too critical of the NYT here, do you think this is a reasonable and accurate front page headline the morning after that unhinged presser?

I have no idea what’s happening here. The article is clearly not about yesterday’s presser.

It’s written by their economic policy expert who is trying to analyse Trump’s proposals for bitcoin, not taxing tips, etc

IMO, this is page 7 content, not front page news.

Hard to tell from that pic on how they dealt with yesterday’s presser. But I would hope it would resemble what WaPo did. Note the use of the objective sounding “meandering”

IMG_2754.jpeg

I have no idea what’s happening here. The article is clearly not about yesterday’s presser.

It’s written by their economic policy expert who is trying to analyse Trump’s proposals for bitcoin, not taxing tips, etc

IMO, this is page 7 content, not front page news.

Hard to tell from that pic on how they dealt with yesterday’s presser. But I would hope it would resemble what WaPo did. Note the use of the objective sounding “meandering”

View attachment 21551
They dealt with the presser by keeping it off the front page altogether and instead putting a pretty positive sounding article on his changing economic ideas. That’s how they dealt with it.

They dealt with the presser by keeping it off the front page altogether and instead putting a pretty positive sounding article on his changing economic ideas. That’s how they dealt with it.

Yeah..I’m not seeing much in the online version either…

I wonder—are sociopathic malignant narcissists capable of having PTSD and/or suffering from panic attacks?

If they are, then a guy who came inches from his brain being liquified and shot out the back of his skull at one of his own rallies on live TV is certainly a candidate for it. And maybe he’s shitting his pants (out of fear, rather than his usual incontinence) at the idea of regularly getting out in front of large crowds again.

Of course a just as likely explanation for his light schedule is typical Trump laziness. Or the people around him see that he’s a tired, low-energy cognitively declining old fuck, and they figure their best bet is to hide him away as much as possible.

I wonder—are sociopathic malignant narcissists capable of having PTSD and/or suffering from panic attacks?

If they are, then a guy who came inches from his brain being liquified and shot out the back of his skull at one of his own rallies on live TV is certainly a candidate for it. And maybe he’s shitting his pants (out of fear, rather than his usual incontinence) at the idea of regularly getting out in front of large crowds again.

Of course a just as likely explanation for his light schedule is typical Trump laziness. Or the people around him see that he’s a tired, low-energy cognitively declining old fuck, and they figure their best bet is to hide him away as much as possible.
That last part sounds very possible. I think some people have amnesia about his presidency.

If thoughts about mortality actually managed to find their way into his lizard brain then yeah i could definitely see some legit ptsd. He was this close to having his head blown off. It's crazy tbh.

But then again his superpower is his lizardbrain never letting those kinds of thoughts in.

Back