• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I think we all know full well that if it was Harris or Biden that had their ear clipped by a bullet at a campaign rally, Trump would gleefully make it a punch line for the rest of the campaign.

And it’s not like he hasn’t personally wished for, joked about or incited violence against his political opponents many times before.

So I don’t think there’s anything wrong at all with not feeling even the tiniest shred of sympathy for him. And I don’t feel bad about it at all.
Phew!!
And I thought it was only me.

This is a hopeful thought.

That although the Christian nationalists, Tech bro fascists and white supremacists that make up the MAGA base do have a lot of the same goals, they’re disparate enough groups that a sharp drop in Trump’s fortunes, or arguments about what comes after their take-over leaves them vulnerable to vicious infighting, finger-pointing & collapse.

no surprise....tech visionaries believe that government is so last century and the only way forward is through market driven innovation unencumbered by the rest of us idiots

Back