• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

So rasmussen PA poll will put Harris in the lead on the RCP average, which will mean they finally have to flip PA in their no toss-ups map and give Harris the outright lead in the election.

They've still got PA counting for Trump even though it's dead tied on their average. They're holding on to that for dear life.

Sunday isn't really an excuse because they've never had an issue with updating on weekends before.

So we'll see how long they hold out on adding these new RASMUSSEN polls to their averages.

The nice part about polymarket is that all the bets are public. And you can see everyone's all-time record (many are remarkably successful taking advantage of people's emotions/biases on this platform). From my understanding the smart, successful bettors are still on Kamala. It's not really news and not surprising but this is a crypto maga bro dumb money based move in the last day or so.

The use of the word coup irks me pretty fucking tremendously there.

That's a dangerous word with a fairly specific meaning. A coup is an illegal attempt to overthrow leadership. There was nothing illegal about what the Dems did. It also didn't "overthrow leadership", Biden is still the sitting President.

Given what we saw on Jan 6 (an actual attempt at an administrative coup), that's a super loaded word to be using in American politics.

The use of the word coup irks me pretty fucking tremendously there.

That's a dangerous word with a fairly specific meaning. A coup is an illegal attempt to overthrow leadership. There was nothing illegal about what the Dems did. It also didn't "overthrow leadership", Biden is still the sitting President.

Given what we saw on Jan 6 (an actual attempt at an administrative coup), that's a super loaded word to be using in American politics.

This has been an unfortunate constant in the Trump and Twitter era. people lie and exaggerate, use hyperbolic language… and then words lose their meaning and so does reality.

Not good

Democrats are so terrible at messaging. The Republicans message well on the border, which Trump was terrible at, and the economy.

However, Republicans claiming superiorly on managing the economy makes no sense when you look at facts.

Of the 15 recessions commencing with the stock market crash in 29, 11 were under the stewardship of a Republican government.
Of the 3 worst economic downturns, all under a Republican president, (Hoover, George W., and Trump) the massive economic turnaround was under a Democratic President (FDR, Obama, and Biden)

Republicans have little historical context to support their claim that they are better suited to manage the economy.

Dems should be pouncing on this.

Democrats are so terrible at messaging. The Republicans message well on the border, which Trump was terrible at, and the economy.

You're not wrong, and I'm encouraged by some baby steps the democrats have made in this campaign to address that but the elephant in the room is how heavily the media puts their thumb on the scale here. The democrats can propose smart, realistic policy and not get ridiculously wordy with it and to "counter" that Trump can propose hilariously stupid tariffs and screech communism, 1929 crash, etc. The following day NYT, Wapo, and CNN will all release pieces critical of the democrat proposals while everyone involved just takes the 6 words spoken in a row that make the most sense from Trumps ramblings and run with it as if it's indicative of the other 89 minutes and 56 seconds of insanity on the subject.

Back