• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I don’t have a problem with a private company trying to charge as much as possible. For all I care, Subway can charge $50 per sub and try to corner the luxury market.

Consumers will let management know if they’re right or wrong.

But you're missing the bigger point here - right wing media gave these companies cover to raise their prices, and the customers - who still had to eat - blamed Biden/dems for it, not the companies.

And it was all the food companies taking advantage and raising their prices together, leaving consumers no options. Which is why just a few companies finally cutting their prices has let the dam break and now they're all starting to follow.

Isn’t “Pocahontas” his nickname for Elizabeth Warren? And didn’t she speak at the DNC last night?

That was probably who that Trump tweet is referring to, not Harris.

Yes that tweet was when warren had just spoken.

And i gotta be honest. I love Warren to death but the sarcastic pocahontas attack is both funny and legit, and is actually not even racist.

I'm still impressed by the dems just doing the obvious, and doing it well.

Kamala's statement on Israel and Gaza is simply the position that almost everyone has on the subject, and she just went out there and said it. Clearly and with feeling.

Politics doesn't have to be hard.

But you're missing the bigger point here - right wing media gave these companies cover to raise their prices, and the customers - who still had to eat - blamed Biden/dems for it, not the companies.

And it was all the food companies taking advantage and raising their prices together, leaving consumers no options. Which is why just a few companies finally cutting their prices has let the dam break and now they're all starting to follow.

customers did not have eat at Subways tho...and they obviously chose not to eat there as evidenced by today's much lower prices

Kamala stayed clear of cannabis. I don't blame her but it's funny that Trump mentioned it in his acceptance speech to woo some single issue voters

Isn’t “Pocahontas” his nickname for Elizabeth Warren? And didn’t she speak at the DNC last night?

That was probably who that Trump tweet is referring to, not Harris.
oh yeah I know he was referring to Warren. I just wonder if he knows the difference between native americans and people from India.

oh yeah I know he was referring to Warren. I just wonder if he knows the difference between native americans and people from India.
He doesn't know the name of the boat in "Munity on the Bounty", nor did he know who the President of Puerto Rico was when he visited it.

Back