• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

She's been the nominee long enough that it's time to do some interviews. Of course the media has handled recent events in an often ridiculous fashion, but that's a separate argument. The idea that she can't handle a press conference is laughable, but she has given them this free talking point by not doing any media. Glad to see they finally have scheduled one, they should limit them but it's still a very effective way to get your message out there. Agree they should do something on Fox and then a couple of high-profile spots, whether it's Hot Ones, podcasts, etc. Do an hour with Rachel Maddow. Maybe it could help ever so slightly with coverage if she did one with the NYT. There are plenty of options. Fuck Elon, though.

Oh, do interviews. Just skip the legacy media part of it. They're not gatekeepers of facts and truth anymore. They're just another platform competing in a massive ocean of media content.

1724864230940.png

That's the platform they're offering...right there. Like I said, Pod Saves America can offer a platform of 1.5 million as well. Club Shay Shay (Shannon Sharpe) has 3.3 million subscribers on youtube alone and just for reference, he did an interview with John Cena 7 days ago that has 1.8 million views just on youtube.

Legacy media is fucking cooked. They're a platform, nothing else now. If a Harris/Walz interview does banger numbers, it's because of Harris/Walz, not because of CNN. Harris/Walz are the media attraction here.

Yep skip the legacy media. No one watches that. Also they don’t need to speak to the left, they are all voting for her. She needs to go speak to middle ameica, and the center in swing states. That’s what guys like Bernie and Mayor Pete do so well.

Waltz on Monday night football is a great idea.

Yep skip the legacy media. No one watches that. Also they don’t need to speak to the left, they are all voting for her. She needs to go speak to middle ameica, and the center in swing states. That’s what guys like Bernie and Mayor Pete do so well.

Waltz on Monday night football is a great idea.

ratings for legacy media are small but reach is still huge because clips get repurposed ad nauseum on social and other non legacy platforms

The legacy media will keep doing what they're doing because those are the marching orders from their corporate owners.

Fuck'em, circumvent their asses.

Pod Save America has 1.5 million listeners per episode and there's a bag of other political podcasts that do 500K+. Have Kamala hit up shit like Shannon Sharpe, Breakfast Club, Jason & Travis Kelce, etc, etc, etc. Send Walz to Theo Vonn, a home improvement/lawn care/DIY youtube channel or two, etc.

Keep banging out stump speeches at union shops and making the legacy media beg for your attention.
so, while I don't take issue with much of anything you're saying, I don't think I like our new media reality.

the PSA guys are openly partisan. I hesitate to call them 'news' cause I'm aware of enough examples of them being either intellectually dishonest or just straight up misrepresenting/omitting relevant facts. I say this as someone who used to listen to PSA three times/week and PSW weekly (I've rejigged my podcast priority order now so I only listen to PSA/PSW if I've exhausted all my other podcasts).

maybe it's a pipe dream to want some sort of middle ground/non-partisan option. but I still want that. obviously the MSM is failing in this regard and has been for a while.

She's been the nominee long enough that it's time to do some interviews. Of course the media has handled recent events in an often ridiculous fashion, but that's a separate argument. The idea that she can't handle a press conference is laughable, but she has given them this free talking point by not doing any media.
disagree with the bolded. no matter what does, the media will have its 'talking point' to critique her.

(i.e. 'she has no policies' --> releases policies --> 'her policies are not detailed enough')
Glad to see they finally have scheduled one, they should limit them but it's still a very effective way to get your message out there.
is it still though?

She's been the nominee long enough that it's time to do some interviews. Of course the media has handled recent events in an often ridiculous fashion, but that's a separate argument. The idea that she can't handle a press conference is laughable, but she has given them this free talking point by not doing any media. Glad to see they finally have scheduled one, they should limit them but it's still a very effective way to get your message out there. Agree they should do something on Fox and then a couple of high-profile spots, whether it's Hot Ones, podcasts, etc. Do an hour with Rachel Maddow. Maybe it could help ever so slightly with coverage if she did one with the NYT. There are plenty of options. Fuck Elon, though.

It's like hockey reporters crying because a player wouldn't give a post game interview. The only people that care are in the media.

It's like hockey reporters crying because a player wouldn't give a post game interview. The only people that care are in the media.

Not sure John Tavares post game analysis is as crucial as Kamala’s border strategy… but who am I to judge?

Back