• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

so, while I don't take issue with much of anything you're saying, I don't think I like our new media reality.

I agree 100%. I fucking hate it. I would much prefer real journalism where media companies guard their reputations by defending facts and the truth, instead of stepping and fetching at the behest of their corporate daddies, but here we are. We've entered an era where the almight algo dictates what we see and hear, and the algo is proprietary technology.

the PSA guys are openly partisan. I hesitate to call them 'news' cause I'm aware of enough examples of them being either intellectually dishonest or just straight up misrepresenting/omitting relevant facts. I say this as someone who used to listen to PSA three times/week and PSW weekly (I've rejigged my podcast priority order now so I only listen to PSA/PSW if I've exhausted all my other podcasts).

maybe it's a pipe dream to want some sort of middle ground/non-partisan option. but I still want that. obviously the MSM is failing in this regard and has been for a while.

From a campaign standpoint though, you're stuck in a 'play the game or get played by the game' type dynamic though. If the legacy media is going to continue being ridiculous, the response imo isn't to suck up to them and pray they start to write friendly headlines again, it's to starve them out. Which is incredibly, incredibly easy in this media environment imo.

From a campaign standpoint though, you're stuck in a 'play the game or get played by the game' type dynamic though. If the legacy media is going to continue being ridiculous, the response imo isn't to suck up to them and pray they start to write friendly headlines again, it's to starve them out. Which is incredibly, incredibly easy in this media environment imo.
yeah we're in complete agreement here

Back