• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

he doesn't understand what a deep lie the evangelicals had to convince themselves of to believe in him.

they literally had to believe that his past sins were meaningless, that god had anointed him (just like in the bible when god had anointed sinful men to do his good work on earth), and that his past sins were all in the past and he was a new, anointed man.

and then he does this and leaves them nothing to hold onto.

he knew abortion was killing him, but as usual he never really understands what True Believers are or how they work. He's transactional from nuts to bolts, and will never understand True Belief in any form.

View: https://x.com/DavidAFrench/status/1829277871376101653?t=i80aJwLfagYw2lKWd4eOpw&s=19

he doesn't understand what a deep lie the evangelicals had to convince themselves of to believe in him.

they literally had to believe that his past sins were meaningless, that god had anointed him (just like in the bible when god had anointed sinful men to do his good work on earth), and that his past sins were all in the past and he was a new, anointed man.

and then he does this and leaves them nothing to hold onto.

he knew abortion was killing him, but as usual he never really understands what True Believers are or how they work. He's transactional from nuts to bolts, and will never understand True Belief in any form.
probably one of my trumper families top reasons for supporting trump is the belief he was fighting for christianity, and abortion was a big part of that.

so this interview is good, not just because Kamala is more than fine, obviously, but also because Dana Bash is being a tough interviewer even to the point of being unfair.

"lol you actually still believe in bidenomics lol" and Kamala came right back at her with specifics. I do wish Kamala had been even stronger like "of course i believe in bidenomics we've built the greatest economy in the world, and for the first time built if from middle class up. manufactiuring boom. small business boom. great GDP growth. low unemplyment. fuck right i believe in it." but still, this answer ain't bad.

View: https://x.com/atrupar/status/1829327291509334062

i know they're going to retreat into "well he's still better than the dems", but this at least takes away their "god anointed righteous warrior" shit so maybe there's an opening here.
yeah, mine will prob still say goofy ass shit like "tRuMp MaDe iT OK tO CeLeBraTe cHRiStMaS aGaiN!!"

when i see them at christmas. which we've celebrated normally the entire time.

If someone doesn’t think that Trump would flip to save his own ass, they don’t understand Trump.

the thing is they had to dig deep into their self delusion to convince themselves that Jesus had CHANGED him. they knew what he was, they were just convinced god had anointed him a new man.

no more tho.

It's my entire Ohio family's only reason for voting for him in past elections. I don't think they're gonna vote for Kamala but I bet many of them stay home on election night after this.

would be cool but i think most will probably still vote for him unfortunately.

right wing twitter is trying hard to covince themselves that this interview is going badly like they said it would....but it ain't.

and Dana repeating GOP talking points the entire time doesn't even give them the excuse of it being a softball interview.

Fwiw, I'm calling my shot on the Rep in Kamala's cabinet

Adam Kinzinger for SecDef.

Was a Lt Col in the air force, so has more military experience than a handful of recent SecDef's. Is hawkish on Ukraine/Russia, & Iran which I think is probably the right shift to make (and there have been rumours that Kamala is going to punt a lot of Biden's foreign policy brain trust, so a change is coming).

would be cool but i think most will probably still vote for him unfortunately.
Most of them aren't big Trump people tho. Republicans but not maga. Abortion and "Christian values" are all they had so I'm not sure they'll be motivated to vote. But ya probably doesn't apply to most people.

i know they're going to retreat into "well he's still better than the dems", but this at least takes away their "god anointed righteous warrior" shit so maybe there's an opening here.

Zealousness has always been their ground game, they've never been a "get out the vote" movement. The pro lifers still prefer Trump, will still say they're voting for Trump when pollsters call.....but they're way, way more likely to stay home on election day.

Back