• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I don't know their rating but Bullfinch is good enough to be included by Nate, 538, Race2WH, and maybe others. Not sure the weights they're given.

Bullfinch:

GA D+2
NC D+1
FL R+1

Bullfinch is a weird one. No one has a rating on them, run by an ex Trump pollster that Donald fired last cycle. He was working for Kellyanne Conway's polling firm at the time, and now runs Bullfinch.

So not enough data to know if they're any good at it, and who knows what his potential bias would be.

Once all the averages include that Bullfinch FL poll, I'm pretty sure the average of the averages is gonna pull FL down to about a 3pt edge for red......which is barely bigger than the current gaps in MI and WI.

Once all the averages include that Bullfinch FL poll, I'm pretty sure the average of the averages is gonna pull FL down to about a 3pt edge for red......which is barely bigger than the current gaps in MI and WI.

The thing about a place like Florida is that poll weightings and LV predictions aren't going to be able to predict a Democrat win. So much of the math underpinning the polls are going to be based on very Trump friendly results in 2016 & 2020, and then huge Republican margins in 2022. A 50.1% Democrat win in Florida is going to be composed of some crazy voter demo shifts that polling is flat out going to miss until election date. 46-47% Dem polling could easily be 50% at the ballot box.

The thing about a place like Florida is that poll weightings and LV predictions aren't going to be able to predict a Democrat win. So much of the math underpinning the polls are going to be based on very Trump friendly results in 2016 & 2020, and then huge Republican margins in 2022. A 50.1% Democrat win in Florida is going to be composed of some crazy voter demo shifts that polling is flat out going to miss until election date. 46-47% Dem polling could easily be 50% at the ballot box.

yeah the averages are getting close to within the standard MOE now. that's in range.

Back