• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Sure you can. Do the cows have good, clean water sources to drink from? Then you're good. Drank plenty of raw milk and currently sharing my raw milk kefir with my toddler.

Go ahead, get your "REEEEEEEEE" out now

Eh, there's a lot more to it than clean water.

1728321734512.png

So, you do you man. If you have access to dairy cows or a dairy farm that is super meticulous about animal management and you want to roll the dice, have at it (fuck you and this "reeeee" bullshit like I fucking care what you do bro, seriously grow up). But the idea that raw milk is safe to drink across....fucking population size samples...is nuts with the historical data to back it up.

Everything that is potentially good about raw milk can be sourced in a better, safer way. Fermented veg provide similar gut health benefits, fish provide superior omega 3 values, etc. But whatever, I've got no qualms with it being legal wherever it is.

The far right boycotting every major scientific advancement that has improved humanity is not something I had on my bingo card before 2020. Felt more like a lib thing tbh.

Yeah, it’s kind of funny. You would think the crunchy granola types and dirty hippies who think everything “natural”, “raw” or “organic” is automatically better would be lefties.

But there’s been a pretty steady pipeline of these folks progressing from those quirky views to full-fledged support for far right fascists in the past 10-15 years.

I guess it does make some sense. They all have a shared distrust of science, education & expertise. And they’re also all credulous morons with a weakness for conspiracy theories and an extreme over-estimation of their own intelligence & expertise.

Covid and the far-right’s embrace of anti-vaxx conspiracy theories also turbo-charged the coming together of these two groups.

Yeah, it’s kind of funny. You would think the crunchy granola types and dirty hippies who think everything “natural”, “raw” or “organic” is automatically better would be lefties.

But there’s been a pretty steady pipeline of these folks progressing from those quirky views to full-fledged support for far right fascists in the past 10-15 years.

I guess it does make some sense. They all have a shared distrust of science, education & expertise. And they’re also all credulous morons with a weakness for conspiracy theories and an extreme over-estimation of their own intelligence & expertise.

Covid and the far-right’s embrace of anti-vaxx conspiracy theories also turbo-charged the coming together of these two groups.
Beleafer was ahead of the curve?

Yeah, it's one of those cases where hippies overlap with libertarians, and the Maga crowd piles in for another anti-science topic.

People simply have no idea how to weigh risk-reward. As small as the risk may be, you are very unlikely to feel any discernable difference to your lifestyle, unless you enjoy flexing about drinking raw milk on social media. The evidence surrounding its increased health benefits is all anecdotal (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that it hasn't been proven in any concrete way whatsoever).

Lots of confounders involved when studying that type of anecdotal evidence anyway, i.e. people who drink raw milk are more likely to consume fewer processed foods and more whole foods, amongst other things. In other words, the health benefits you may notice may not be from the milk.

we're just spoiled living in the safest healthiest society in history by a couple million country miles.

once people start seeing their kids dropping dead regularly again like in the good old days maybe they'll remember that science is kinda good.

nah, they'll probably blame the government for seeding diseases to gain control.

People simply have no idea how to weigh risk-reward. As small as the risk may be, you are very unlikely to feel any discernable difference to your lifestyle, unless you enjoy flexing about drinking raw milk on social media. The evidence surrounding its increased health benefits is all anecdotal (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that it hasn't been proven in any concrete way whatsoever).

Lots of confounders involved when studying that type of anecdotal evidence anyway, i.e. people who drink raw milk are more likely to consume fewer processed foods and more whole foods, amongst other things. In other words, the health benefits you may notice may not be from the milk.

Wait, what?

Correlation ain’t causation?

we're just spoiled living in the safest healthiest society in history by a couple million country miles.

once people start seeing their kids dropping dead regularly again like in the good old days maybe they'll remember that science is kinda good.

nah, they'll probably blame the government for seeding diseases to gain control.

This is also a trend that’s played out and repeated itself throughout human history.

As civilization, science and knowledge progresses, like a giant counter-weight, there are always people trying to drag all of us back kicking and screaming into magical thinking.

This is also a trend that’s played out and repeated itself throughout human history.

As civilization, science and knowledge progresses, like a giant counter-weight, there are always people trying to drag all of us back kicking and screaming into magical thinking.

it's way harder to con people when there's a good basis of fundamental knowledge and truth.

much better for the scammers if nobody knows or believes anything.

Back