• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Sincerely wishing your family all of the best with your addition. I hope that everything goes well, and you don't learn the hard way what can happen with a life threatening pregnancy.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
I am just catching up on yesterday's posts.

About 9 years ago, my wife and I got the devastating news that she had a "blighted ovum" and the pregnancy was no longer viable. It was absolutely heartbreaking for us. She was given a pill that was supposed to clear everything out... which these monsters would consider an "abortion." To make things even worse, the pill only partially did its job and she had to get a D&C to remove the rest, another "abortion."

The poor girl went through the hell of being told that our baby was gone. Then dealing with the pill and D&C... I can't imagine how horrific it could have been if the doctors were afraid to give her those treatments for fear being jailed... and she had to carry a dead baby as a reminder of the most devasting thing that had ever happened to us... and possibly getting extremely sick or even dying if it didn't happen "naturally."

I agree with Nate though that menial (relatively) Trumpist crap has unfortunately been dominating the mainstream narrative recently. At least from where I’m sitting

the fbi announcing they're investigating a presidential candidate a month before an election and a bunch of dimwits demanding to see proof someone worked at mcdonald 41 years ago isn't in the same universe and to compare the two is pretty disingenuous of him, imo

if anything the guy giving off 2016 vibes is the extremely disliked candidate forcing normally party-loyal voters to seek 3rd party candidates or stay at home while their campaign is extremely overconfident.

Back