• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Following that nasty constitution is a tricky thing.

Explain to me how Trump plans on putting his hand on the bible and swearing an oath to your god to defend the constitution, will immediately recant and tear up said constitution that he just told god that he will protect and defend?
He won't. Only Pelosi tears up government documents.

The government only has power because citizens grant it power via the election of their representatives. Unelected representatives unilaterally creating policy is the oligarchy term you were searching for I believe.
you once again demonstrate that you do not understand how your own government works. sad.

I started drafting a long response to this, but it's not worth it. as per usual, there is absolutely no connection between your conclusions and anything else in your post.

you just conclude whatever the fuck you want, and literally ignore all facts and evidence. as you're doing here.

your conclusion is the opposite of what anyone with a modicum of common sense would reach.

you are the one who supports a king making all decisions without qualification. I'm saying the opposite. christ.

and please explain how... believing in education and expertise is somehow antithetical to democracy, but supporting a fascist wannabe dictator isn't.
I can see this is hard for you.

If they are unelected, they are unaccountable. The people who grant the consent the to be governed have no say in how they are governed in this hypothetical. If an expert wants to be in a policy-making role they need to be elected by the people. This is why I am against your advocacy of deferring so much to "experts".

You are advocating for an unelected, unaccountable oligarchy where there is no repercussion if they don't pursue the desires and wants of the people they represent. Unilaterally imposing your will on a country because someone somewhere anointed you the expert is not a democracy.

I can see this is hard for you.

If they are unelected, they are unaccountable. The people who grant the consent the to be governed have no say in how they are governed in this hypothetical. If an expert wants to be in a policy-making role they need to be elected by the people. This is why I am against your advocacy of deferring so much to "experts".

You are advocating for an unelected, unaccountable oligarchy where there is no repercussion if they don't pursue the desires and wants of the people they represent. Unilaterally imposing your will on a country because someone somewhere anointed you the expert is not a democracy.
it's really difficult to engage in any serious discussions with you, since you completely ignore anything that is posted and invent your own reality.

you're quite literally just making shit up, and attributing it to me.

Back