• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

So the entire fam was at an outdoor get together yesterday. Poolside etc. a yearly event with another large family. About 30 people at various tables, loungers and swimming etc. two of the people just messaged that they both tested positive today. Lots of appetizers and finger foods. So the question is, how long should we expect until we start to see symptoms if any of us got it?

So the entire fam was at an outdoor get together yesterday. Poolside etc. a yearly event with another large family. About 30 people at various tables, loungers and swimming etc. two of the people just messaged that they both tested positive today. Lots of appetizers and finger foods. So the question is, how long should we expect until we start to see symptoms if any of us got it?
Anytime between tonight and probably... Friday. Fingers crossed for you and the fam.

My brother sent this. Any ideas if it’s still the requirements or if he just grabbed the first thing he read?View attachment 13108
If it's still on the site than it probably still applies. it's just a bit outdated and based on data from prior variants. But there is a scenario where one of you could have been infected, is asymptomatic and you never know about it, and 7-10 days later another person in your family becomes symptomatic as they catch it from the asymptotic individual. So I don't mind the precautionary principle there, even if asymptomatic cases are super super rare with the current variant.

But in general .. most of the time with this variant you'll feel something in 3-4 days. Could be as little as 1 and as many as 6 or even 7 but 3 days is the median and anything over 5 is rare.

If it's still on the site than it probably still applies. it's just a bit outdated and based on data from prior variants. But there is a scenario where one of you could have been infected, is asymptomatic and you never know about it, and 7-10 days later another person in your family becomes symptomatic as they catch it from the asymptotic individual. So I don't mind the precautionary principle there, even if asymptomatic cases are super super rare with the current variant.

But in general .. most of the time with this variant you'll feel something in 3-4 days. Could be as little as 1 and as many as 6 or even 7 but 3 days is the median and anything over 5 is rare.
Thanks for this. We want to be safe for everyone so he will be home from camp this week

Just got back from three nights camping and climbing out on the Fundy Shore. Campsite next to us spent the weekend hacking up their lungs. Will see if being outside saves us. I’m not too concerned as there’s a nice bit of bush separation between sites but guess we will see. RIP.

what-the-fuck-wtf.gif

Just got back from three nights camping and climbing out on the Fundy Shore. Campsite next to us spent the weekend hacking up their lungs. Will see if being outside saves us. I’m not too concerned as there’s a nice bit of bush separation between sites but guess we will see. RIP.
I've heard a lot of this throughout the summer and I suspect most of that is postviral lingering cough shit. Still unnerving as fuck to hear of course.

I'd say I'm mostly over it. Maybe just a tiny cold like feeling, but taste has even started to creep back already. Probably will hold off going to the gym for another week or so (as well as being social), with the exception of getting a haircut (because God damn I need one and don't feel like cutting my own lol).

Back