• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

all climate change studies are inconclusive, until we create another planet set in 1850 and let it develop without the industrial revolution to know for sure!

Reactions: CH1
Let's retest seat belts while we're at it. Double blind only, please.
speaking of cars - was following an anti mask, pro freedom truck the other day

i was so confused as to why he turned on his signal light - that sures him no purpose - and only helps other people
does he or does he not care about freedumb!?!?!?!

anyway - carry on

22a7871d4d8e396170fe83b1afbc6141.jpg

Sure

Seat belts irritate my my shoulder and make me feel like a pussy. I just hold on to the steering wheel really tight like a man.
i think i shared this before but apparently my great aunt got a doctors note not to wear a seatbelt when they first came in

"due to body composition and iron-clad determination, my patient's body will not continue to fly through the air at 50 mph if the car were to come to a sudden and complete stop"

I'm just going to assume that this 'the science is ambiguous' on masks thing is a trolling effort, and continue about my day.

I mean, physicians in covid wards definitely only wear N95 respirators because they are fashionable, right?

Also, my friend who works in the ICU treating covid patients regularly, who never contracted covid from a hospital, and wore a fitted N95, must just be a lucky coincidence. Or maybe he has super anti-covid genes. Or maybe he just flexed his beard enough to kill the covid.

Also, my friend who works in the ICU treating covid patients regularly, who never contracted covid from a hospital, and wore a fitted N95, must just be a lucky coincidence. Or maybe he has super anti-covid genes. Or maybe he just flexed his beard enough to kill the covid.

Just washes his hands a lot, obviously.

weird how much overlap there is in the Venn diagram of "people who wear masks and otherwise take precautions" and "people who did not get covid"

I'm just going to assume that this 'the science is ambiguous' on masks thing is a trolling effort, and continue about my day.

I mean, physicians in covid wards definitely only wear N95 respirators because they are fashionable, right?

Bingo. Well done 😀

Actually immunity is out there...maybe he is?

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/are-some-people-immune-covid-19

Leafsman and I were at a superspreader where 17/20 got it. The three exceptions:

-recent recovery (2 wks)
-recent recovery (4 wks)
-mask wearer

The masks don't work crowd:

960x0.jpg

1. homemade or store bought fabric masks are probably junk
2. masks of any kind need to fit properly and cover your nose/mouth
3. wearing a mask in a crowd will give you a smaller chance of infection, but time is now your enemy

Back