• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Shit news on the antiviral front. Merck product looks good, Pfizer still on the way, but Atea was the 3rd horse that was at later stage than the others.

No go.

Thank god I sold their stock after 70% gains

Hopefully this is incorrect. Would be nice if the antivirals worked well for everyone.
Meh

2D39F76F-8351-4741-9C59-DFD03F28E11C.jpeg

"The report found that the president had pushed unproven drugs like hydroxychloroquine well after they had been shown to be ineffective for treating Covid-19 and that his administration caused a monthslong delay in the distribution of vaccines in Brazil by ignoring more than 100 emails from Pfizer. Instead, his government opted to overpay for an unapproved vaccine from India, the report said, a deal that was later canceled over suspicions of graft." — The New York Times

We're doing fucking amazing. Once kids are vaxxed and providing we boost before things go to shit unlike Israel and unlike the UK (who are rolling out their boosters verrrry slowly with olds having huge infection/hospitalization rates lately), this can be sustainable:

1634733555224.png

I do think there was a major benefit of vaccinating almost everyone at once. When we're all freshly needle'd up the population impacts are terrific. We're still learning folks.

But our immunity is waning each and every day so we've gotta stay diligent and boost when the data says to boost or we'll just be another Israel and UK in the end.

I've complimented NACI for their performance throughout this year. Every decision of theirs has aged wonderfully despite poor public reviews. But they are dropping the ball here on this topic. Need to start learning what happens in other countries. We all used the same vaccines. Tick tock. Act BEFORE the waning becomes an issue, not after.

I've complimented NACI for their performance throughout this year. Every decision of theirs has aged wonderfully despite poor public reviews. But they are dropping the ball here on this topic. Need to start learning what happens in other countries. We all used the same vaccines. Tick tock. Act BEFORE the waning becomes an issue, not after.
you are gonna look pretty stupid when the third dose turns the UK into zombies

Back