• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

we are quickly running out of time and I am starting to get increasingly concerned.

unsure what NS' plans are but right now if you are 70+ and >6 mos from your second dose you are eligible for a booster. I am hoping they do what they did for doses 1-2 and just continue to roll out new appointments by age group every week or two (i.e. in a couple weeks the threshold changes to 60+). guess we will see soon enough.

presto do we have enough supply to boost the whole country?

we are quickly running out of time and I am starting to get increasingly concerned.

unsure what NS' plans are but right now if you are 70+ and >6 mos from your second dose you are eligible for a booster. I am hoping they do what they did for doses 1-2 and just continue to roll out new appointments by age group every week or two (i.e. in a couple weeks the threshold changes to 60+). guess we will see soon enough.

presto do we have enough supply to boost the whole country?
No. There's enough for maybe 50% of the country depending on how much of our stock is Moderna since it's a half dose and we can stretch the supply a bit more.

Literally no reason to have an age limit at this point. We have a window now where the people truly engaged in the situation and willing to listen to the science will get it regardless of their age...fucking let them. This way when it becomes clear to everyone else that it's a necessity to keeping yourself safe, the lines will be shorter.

Literally no reason to have an age limit at this point. We have a window now where the people truly engaged in the situation and willing to listen to the science will get it regardless of their age...fucking let them. This way when it becomes clear to everyone else that it's a necessity to keeping yourself safe, the lines will be shorter.
Are we sitting on doses? If so, ya I have no idea what the hell we are doing with these age limits.

Alot of people with two doses won't be in a rush right now anyway because things are going relatively well here. So let the keeners get their booster now and avoid the backlog when shit hits the fan again.

I just can't believe, with everything we've been through and everything we now know, that we're going to waste this opportunity to be proactive. We're going to chase this thing again.

Where the fuck are the boosters
Where the fuck are the at-home rapid tests
Where is the plan for anti-virals

Aside from the first 8-12 weeks of the pandemic, we've chased this thing the whole time, and not for lack of knowledge.

we agree on this point... gimme ma boosta!

I just can't believe, with everything we've been through and everything we now know, that we're going to waste this opportunity to be proactive. We're going to chase this thing again.

Where the fuck are the boosters
Where the fuck are the at-home rapid tests
Where is the plan for anti-virals
you would think the politicos would fucking learn

Aside from the first 8-12 weeks of the pandemic, we've chased this thing the whole time, and not for lack of knowledge.
it was so refreshing to hear Dr. Strang talk about the importance of masking indoors and how he expects that to continue well into the future...

but yes, overall, your point stands.

it was so refreshing to hear Dr. Strange talk about the importance of masking indoors and how he expects that to continue well into the future...

but yes, overall, your point stands.

Well yeah, he's not the master of mystic arts for no reason bud.

is it crazy to think that we should get the anti-vax, anti-science folks to like sign some sort of declaration affirming that under no circumstances are they to receive any publicly funded healthcare? won't be hard to come up with a compelling reason.

I mean I get the large scale societal problems with this approach but it really feels fucking right at the moment.

On a more positive note most of the countries currently getting hammered had eliminated all restrictions for a time and are only now reinstating them. While our restrictions are pretty lackadaisical at least it's something and I expect it's a major reason Canada has so far escaped the worst of it.
I'm praying to superman the small sample size on that new variant turn out to overstate the risk.

Back