• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

That big fake laugh is what I'm talking about. There is nothing genuine at all with that family. Will will make you feel like you are the funniest person in the world.... but it is all an act.
that is why i think his initial "laugh" was not real

he was getting ready for his big fake laugh but did not do it

Not sure how/if it matters but in 2016 when Rock hosted the Oscars, he ripped Jada/Will pretty hard. Wonder if they had their radar up

While that was a great reason why there's an issue between them, Jada's boycott has changed the academy voting. Very importannt event. I think it's crazy they went after voters to vote for colour of the skin, but did nothing to address it from the process before films are made.

While that was a great reason why there's an issue between them, Jada's boycott has changed the academy voting. Very importannt event. I think it's crazy they went after voters to vote for colour of the skin, but did nothing to address it from the process before films are made.
I applaud Jada's boycott.

Just suggesting, she/will might already be pissed at Rock for this.

I applaud Jada's boycott.

Just suggesting, she/will might already be pissed at Rock for this.
Yes definitely.
I always felt they need to address issues from how films are created, The scripts written always tend to be for white people. Not sure forcing voters to vote a certain way after the film is made does that much.

The average age of an Academy Voter was 63 in 2014, predominately white male, and assumedly most were brought up through the "old school" film business which was far more abusive than it is today. I'm sure there's a ton of bias/agenda baked into most of the voters. Jada was way ahead of her time with the boycott.

The average age of an Academy Voter was 63 in 2014, predominately white male, and assumedly most were brought up through the "old school" film business which was far more abusive than it is today. Jada was way ahead of her time with the boycott.
Someone needs to boycott them only nominating Oscar bait movies. Tropic Thunder is still true today. Some of these "Serious" movies are really fucking bad.

I remember being so happy as a kid when Kevin Kline won an Oscar for that nutty A Fish Called Wanda role. One and done. They went right back to needing to be "special" or paralyzed .

The devil in this case would be whatever voice in his head made him react like that. Whatever made him so arrogant or insecure or ragefilled or all of the above.

I.e. the literal devil - the invisible evil guy trying to get inside your head.
See, I didn't read it like that.... If it is your own ego/voice in your head, then Will should have apologized for letting that side get control over him. Especially if he is trying to lead with love.

See, I didn't read it like that.... If it is your own ego/voice in your head, then Will should have apologized for letting that side get control over him. Especially if he is trying to lead with love.
And this is why his speech is worse than his slap. He just continued, even after referencing Denzel's word of wisdom

It's weird cuz I never thought she was hot like at all. Thought Will was marrying way down.
She’s shit. Former sex addict and drug addict, basically publicly advertises the love of her life was Tupac, steps out on Will lord knows how many times that just one got revealed publicly while nobody knows anything similar about him, and she’s a little midget to boot. Literally nothing worth liking there and she’s been torturing his soul since he first met her. Not sure what it takes for the guy to realize that maybe this was not the woman for him.

the speech was so good
half talking about the slap, half the movie, and they twirled together so you had no clue what he was saying

the only better one was when matthew mcconaughey telling us how his future self was his mentor or whatever the fuck he was talking aboot

Back