• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Yeah. He had posted a picture of himself and Bob Saget and Louie Andersen and said how sad or something like that. Now all three are gone.

It feels weird the last few years, like just a ton of celebs have died in a short span.

Get used to it; there’s never been more Celebs that you love/like than now

#prestomath

Ended up watching "Gilbert" last night. Very interesting to get a little glimpse of the "real" Gilbert Gottfried. Definitely a unique guy.

He has been a junkie for the last 30 years. He was always an untalented standup that relied on shock humor and fame from the Stern show. Great radio sidekick for the most part, although when he was really fucked up he was often annoying as fuck and really chatty. He was pretty good on Dirty Work too I guess, but that movie was mostly all Norm and Farley in his small part... And Rickles.

His life story is basically: junkie who happened to be quite good on the biggest radio program on earth for 7 years or so. But Howard made a lot of talentless people look good so I don't think it's THAT much of an accomplishment either. His radio show after was shit.

Howard created a world where people deeply cared about the characters on the program. So it became a thing for people to hope and pray and wish that he was happy and stayed sober. People cared about his love life, his family life, etc. And that carried him through his standup gigs and life after Stern. But at the end of the day, he's a junkie and always has been.

Reactions: CH1
betle-juice-shrunken-head.gif

Back