• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

He really does need to get away from her. I don't know if he's built his life in such a way that he's completely and utterly dependent on being with her - why else would he be with her after all this shit? - but for his own mental well-being, he has to get this woman out of his life and start over.

He really does need to get away from her. I don't know if he's built his life in such a way that he's completely and utterly dependent on being with her - why else would he be with her after all this shit? - but for his own mental well-being, he has to get this woman out of his life and start over.

he's gay
she's a beard
a reliable one is hard to find

It is indeed. Not sure if I buy it, but maybe.

Denzel apparently told Will not to take the gay part in Six Degrees of Separation, but he did it anyway.

And really, will a guy who isn't gay or bi really take on a gay role?

If you work in the industry, you hear all sorts of stuff from people claiming (believably) first hand knowledge of it.

Bradley Cooper, Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhall, Tom Cruise.

Wasn't high on my list, but watched the Eyes of Tammy Faye the other evening and it deserves all the praise.

Last edited:
Finally saw The Batman.

I’m still debating. It didn’t fully resonate and really stick with me as the first two Bale films. It was pretty darn good, just not really close to the best like some of the reviews said.

I think the script was well-written, made sense for the most part. Liked that they set it up as a mystery. In that sense it was much more taken out of the pages of Detective Comics rather than Batman, for those of you that read them, so that was a nice change. I didn’t really feel that it was three hours long, though I did feel that the ending fell kinda flat. Went out with a bit of a whimper in the last 15 minutes.

I didn’t really like the choice of Pattinson for Bats when he was announced and now, having seen it, I still don’t. But something interesting is that he was out of costume and playing Bruce for what, a total of maybe 5-10 minutes tops? His emo look didn’t get a chance to bug me too much and I thought he looked good in the costume and played the brooding part well. So I can kinda see why they went with him, far cheaper choice than any of the bigger names, probably not all that many known guys to even pick from, and they didn’t want to go with some shmo nobody’s ever heard of. So eh, ok then.

Didn’t really like Kravitz as Catwoman either. She honestly looks like she’s 10 years old, and looks extremely small. The film loses some believability when she can pull Bats up from a ledge. Literally impossible. Again, cheating out on cast and taking a name that is semi known.

Dano was kinda a bit too over the top, but good enough. Farrell good enough. I think the story was strong enough for everyone to get by.

One thing I really didn’t like - the darkness on the screen the whole 3 hours. I get it, that’s the mood. But it’s way too dull. You want to be seeing vibrantly, even in the dark. It was like those later GOT episodes where you have trouble making out details on the screen. Just a bit too much.

Anyway, good film. Was what I expected for the most part, which is a bummer because I was hoping the trailer wasn’t representative and the full film would be way better. It was somewhat better, but Bale and Ledger and still the gold standard (minus the bombs on ferries scene).

Back