• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

ross-scaled-e1689806402698.jpg

Obviously Champions League would have been nice, but seeing another team built the right way like Villa take it, I’m fine with if it means Arsenal blow it for the second year in a row and waste such a phenomenal opportunity to win the league again.

Must be well over 450 days in first place over the last two seasons, with zero league titles to show for it. That’s more Spursy than Spurs.

Also, I honestly just love Europa League…..yes Champions League is the be all and end all, but in this era of footy so so much of it is just a collection of who can spend the most money on an all-star team. Europa at least feels like a tournament of teams built the way it’s intended to be done, without financial juicing blowing everything out of whack.

Hope Ange puts a high priority on it next year, as I’d love to make Champions League via bringing home some silverware.

I h

View: https://x.com/torontomaplefc2/status/1793051383534334048

If this is Tomori that would be yuge. Tomori is excellent even though he plays for hated AC Milan. Tomori should be starting for England tbh.

Have no idea who this would be, I think the door is closed on Tomori but he would be a massive get if it were possible.

Marcelo Flores, Sali etc would all be potential dual Nats but not big gets at the moment.

Tomori is technically cap-locked but by the absolute minimum amount. I could see this being a case where a special application to FIFA might work.

View: https://x.com/tv_jjd/status/1793291681657180226

Miller - 27yrs, MLS, 6'0", mostly centre back with a little left back (only guy here who's been a team canada regular)
Waterman - 28yrs, MLS, 6'2", centre back only
Bombito - 24yrs, MLS, 6'3", mostly centre back with a little left back
Hiebert - 26yrs, MLS, 6'0", mostly centre back with a little left and right back
McGraw - 26yrs, MLS, 6'4", centre back only

easily the weakest position on the squad. Tomori would be such a huge get.

Back