• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

manny

I once took greyhound from Prince George, BC to Toronto. The bus itself was fine. The highlight was that you get to see a lot of small towns as well as the seediest part of every city. Also bus people are pretty interesting people, once you get them chatting.

Greyhound closing might mean the neighborhoods around city bus stations are ripe for gentrification.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I once took greyhound from Prince George, BC to Toronto. The bus itself was fine. The highlight was that you get to see a lot of small towns as well as the seediest part of every city. Also bus people are pretty interesting people, once you get them chatting.

Greyhound closing might mean the neighborhoods around city bus stations are ripe for gentrification.

Yeah...is it possible for a greyhound bus terminal to not be in the sketchiest part of a town?

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I love three card monte; I used to win all the time but I honestly haven’t played in a while.

Aberdeen

Wasn't greyhound also given some exclusivity agreement for some routes? I remember they sued a startup in Waterloo that took students home to Toronto on weekends.

Bleedsblue&white

The only thing that separates us from every single other animal on this planet is that we don't just drop everything and have sex the moment we see the appropriate partner (after the appropriate rituals).

That's it...all this technology is a by-product of intelligence sure, but most of our problems, Imo, comes down to all the weird ways we display our sexuality in a system that would rather deny it.
(at least around these parts...blood and guns are fine, boobs and butts not so much)

Laugh if you will, but go ahead and name one other animal that won't just do it on your front lawn if given the chance.

zeke

The only thing that separates us from every single other animal on this planet is that we don't just drop everything and have sex the moment we see the appropriate partner (after the appropriate rituals).

That's it...all this technology is a by-product of intelligence sure, but most of our problems, Imo, comes down to all the weird ways we display our sexuality in a system that would rather deny it.
(at least around these parts...blood and guns are fine, boobs and butts not so much)

Laugh if you will, but go ahead and name one other animal that won't just do it on your front lawn if given the chance.

And here I thought it was shoes.

WellPlayed

A bunch of the latin cultures that didn't end up over-Catholicy are the closest we have.