• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Fuck this core. Losers.

patience my ass. Poeltl waste of draft pick next year. Watch all these guys walk(Peoltl, FVV, Trent).

Masai has definitely taken what was a fairly easy job 18 months ago (get a functioning big and a good quality, versatile bench) and has turned it into a much, much harder job through taking a nap that lasted a year and a half.

The right play is still the right play. Tanking is for bigger losers than these losers.

If there is a basketball trade out there for Pascal, consider it. S&T Gary, re up Fred & Jakob if the money is reasonable. Get some bench shooting and a new voice on the bench.

Reactions: CH1
The right play is still the right play. Tanking is for bigger losers than these losers.

If there is a basketball trade out there for Pascal, consider it. S&T Gary, re up Fred & Jakob if the money is reasonable. Get some bench shooting and a new voice on the bench.
And when it’s not reasonable let all 3 walk for nothing. Fire Masai at that point.

Yeah, Howard is a need. Keyonte George is a need. We need bucket getters. Guys who can break down defences and score.

But we'll probably take Cissoko or Rupert because foreign and plays defence with long arms.
Do you hate yourself at least a little for believing in this group?

And when it’s not reasonable let all 3 walk for nothing. Fire Masai at that point.

Settle down.

Masai at absolutely ridiculous minimum has earned a coaching reset and then if he deems it necessary, a major roster retool/rebuild before we talk about replacing him.

He's a top 3 basketball exec on the planet who has refused to do the obvious for a while.

Do you hate yourself at least a little for believing in this group?

Yes and no.

I don't "believe" in this group per se. I don't think they can win, I think the roster is way thin. I was probably the first one here questioning Pascal's ability to be the guy a few years ago.

I believe this group, with adequate help from a good bench, can be a good enough team to keep the culture rolling until we can take a big swing again. I would be remiss if I didn't remind people that everyone wanted the DD-Lowry team stripped down and sold off for parts too, and that they did some epic...epic choking in their time too. Swept by Washington, etc.

Good. Maybe Masai will take this summer seriously. He didn't take last summer seriously.

and I have a problem with that...he's getting paid too much to take 18 month naps....but I agree with you about keeping the culture going by not tanking, and staying relevant, etc.

Though, this summer better involve some serious changes, otherwise the chip will look like a bizarre outlier rather than a franchise coming of age story

and I have a problem with that...he's getting paid too much to take 18 month naps....but I agree with you about keeping the culture going by not tanking, and staying relevant, etc.

Though, this summer better involve some serious changes, otherwise the chip will look like a bizarre outlier rather than a franchise coming of age story

I think he believed in a Boucher-Precious-Thad-Dalano bench tbh, especially with the Otto Porter addition.

That we needed a big and bench guards was obvious to me, I don't know if it Masai was particularly worried about either.

Back