• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Bottom line is they had a chance to trade a bunxh of decent players for real returns this deadline.

My son has loved the Bulls since Jimmy Butler was in the team and he loves Lavine so he is very happy tonight. I thought it was over when it was a 19 point deficit.

Conversation needs to be had about what to do with Siakam next year. 1 year left on his contract and then you have to sign him to a max deal that takes him to 45+ per year? Is that the guy to be spending that kind of money on? He’ll be 30 years old when signing that extension.

I think time has run out on this core. It’s clearly not good enough to win now. The duo of Siakam and FVV has peaked and are more likely to regress while their pay is to increase. Move off Siakam this offseason while his value is still high and before he looks for more money. I wouldn’t bring back Fred under any circumstance. S&t or let him walk.

Poeltl walking will be a gut punch. Losing that 24 1st for a mid Center that walks in free agency really hamstrings us. I’d pay him and keep him around as a rotation big/starter. Worst case you can move him in the future.

Trent was hurt a lot of the year. Probably a guy that walks. I don’t see him as a starting caliber guard on a winning team. Why pay him starter money to not be starting quality.

I think he believed in a Boucher-Precious-Thad-Dalano bench tbh, especially with the Otto Porter addition.

That we needed a big and bench guards was obvious to me, I don't know if it Masai was particularly worried about either.
Nick never trusted the bench , like telling Masai ," fuck it this is what you got me to work with "

Conversation needs to be had about what to do with Siakam next year. 1 year left on his contract and then you have to sign him to a max deal that takes him to 45+ per year? Is that the guy to be spending that kind of money on? He’ll be 30 years old when signing that extension.

I think time has run out on this core. It’s clearly not good enough to win now. The duo of Siakam and FVV has peaked and are more likely to regress while their pay is to increase. Move off Siakam this offseason while his value is still high and before he looks for more money. I wouldn’t bring back Fred under any circumstance. S&t or let him walk.

Poeltl walking will be a gut punch. Losing that 24 1st for a mid Center that walks in free agency really hamstrings us. I’d pay him and keep him around as a rotation big/starter. Worst case you can move him in the future.

Trent was hurt a lot of the year. Probably a guy that walks. I don’t see him as a starting caliber guard on a winning team. Why pay him starter money to not be starting quality.
Great post , time for a serious reboot with hoping Barnes takes the next step next year

last night FVV had to play the entire 2nd half for fucks sake

Raptors bench supplied 35 minutes; Bulls bench: 63 minutes

Raptor Backups got outscored 21-8

The raps played a great game last night. They lost because they choked at the free throw line. It’s probably the most absurd playoff loss ever. Even with a bad FT shooting night 60%) they win the game.

Pascal having a chance to tie the game with 12 seconds left on free throws and going 1/3. Fuck me. He waa really good yesterday but you can’t excuse that. He has a fundamental flaw in crunch time.

Bottom line is they had a chance to trade a bunxh of decent players for real returns this deadline.
Analysts were saying Raps were only offered lottery protected picks for Fred and OG with no decent starters in return

These moves do nothing for the Raps , Masai would of made moves if the right deal was available

Prettt much locked into 13th overall. Some notable guys at that spot:
Donovan Mitchell
Corey maggette
Devin Booker
Zach Lavine
Richard Jefferson

playing for the play in was bullshit and a waste of time. Wasted a 24 1st on Poeltl so now we kinda gotta hit on this one. Hopefully we get good fortune and pick up a stud.

that Masai quotes about patience make me want to vomit. Make some moves

Back