• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I don’t know much about basketball and haven’t followed the Raps closely at all for the last few years. But it does seem like they’ve been spinning their wheels for a while now, so maybe not the worst thing to move on.

Regardless though, Nurse is forever a Toronto legend for helping to bring a championship here.
yeah, Nurse is forever a legend. I'm torn, he has some obvious flaws, but Masai also kinda handcuffed him with his experimental rosters.

not upset to be moving on from him, think it was time for a change. but not bitter at all either.

he never even double downed on the long bois.

we had the shortest starting backcourt in basketball this year.

that's not long bois.

and the shortest starting frontcourt, too.

they need to make a choice. Scottie and OG over pascal. Or pascal and Scottie over OG.
In my mind you got to go with Scottie and OG. You can’t give up on OG with his defensive value. So I believe exploring a Pascal trade is the best path forward for the team.

Or you trade Siakam before his extension talks begin. He’s older. Clearly not the guy to throw 45+ at that he will surely want. Build around Scottie.

unless Scottie is the poison on the team. Scottie probably gets you in the convo for SGA.

Fvv
SGA
Og
Siakam
Poeltl

probably takes you to ECF.

Or you trade Siakam before his extension talks begin. He’s older. Clearly not the guy to throw 45+ at that he will surely want. Build around Scottie.

unless Scottie is the poison on the team. Scottie probably gets you in the convo for SGA.

Fvv
SGA
Og
Siakam
Poeltl

probably takes you to ECF.
Someone explain to me why SGA is being moved

It's part of the reason I'm good with just reupping everyone, adding shooters and running this shit back.

1) There are no studs likely to get traded this summer that I want. Utah already detonated, Brooklyn already detonated. I don't want Dame, don't want Trae, no one wants Beal. Only guys to keep an eye on for the next 12 months are LaMelo, Dejuante Murray, Zach Lavine. But none of those 3 are 1st team All NBA types.

2) Tanking is for mouth breathers

3) There are some maybe situations that could start to form 12-18 months out. Luka isn't going to put up with having nothing around him forever. Shai & Haliburton probably won't want to tough it out in small markets if they don't start making real playoff appearances within the next 2 years. When do the Lakers detonate and what does a 31 yr old Anthony Davis look like?

Back