• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I don't think the Raps trade Poeltl this summer. I think they try and add and see what they have at the trade deadline or before. And if they do, I think they could trade Poeltl for a '25 FRP.

They need more than teaks

Serious question tho: Where?

Just looking at who is under contract for next year (including team options, which for now I'll assume we accept)

C - Poeltl/Olynyk: Versatile veteran duo, probably gives you overall a slightly above league average performance. Is fine. Isn't winning you too many games, but not losing you many either.
PF - Scottie/Boucher/McDaniels: Scottie was a fringe all star level player last year, and even just a more consistent and professional version of that is pretty, pretty fucking good. Nevermind if there's a step forward from him. Boucher is a decent pro if coach ever decides to use him. McDaniels a waste of food.
SF - Dick/Agbaji: Needs work. 2nd half Dick is a pretty okay bench option imo but you don't have to squint very hard to see him as a good rotation piece next year. Agbaji is probably a project, end of the bench or G League guy. We could definitely use a player here. Which honestly could just be RJ if we move him off SG.
SG - RJ/Brown: This is uhhh...kind of good. I know Brown didn't play great after the trade, a lot of playoff type guys don't play well in non competitive situations. I'd expect normal Brown next year if we keep him.
PG - IQ: Could easily, easily be a top 10 PG next year. We could definitely use a tip of the spear type defender backing him up, but we don't really need a re think of the position or anything

Basically, when I look at that, the bones of a competitive team is there. Could we do a few of these:

- Make a Poeltl move and get a more athletic dunker spot/above the rim type rim runner that are common around the league now (look at the impact Gafford has had in Dallas)

- Moar bench shooting

- Go RJ-Dick at SF and go get a better version of Gary at SG?

Yeah, all of those would make sense. But those are all tweaks for the most part.

Jokes on the Spurs according to Athletic draft guy

This draft class is still seen as weak among NBA teams, particularly those at the top. I will not rank anyone in my Tier 1 or Tier 2, the first time that’s happened since I began using this system. Over the last two years, I’ve ranked nine players that highly, but this class doesn’t have anyone I’d consider a top-three pick in a normal draft.

Jokes on the Spurs according to Athletic draft guy

This draft class is still seen as weak among NBA teams, particularly those at the top. I will not rank anyone in my Tier 1 or Tier 2, the first time that’s happened since I began using this system. Over the last two years, I’ve ranked nine players that highly, but this class doesn’t have anyone I’d consider a top-three pick in a normal draft.

Yeah, I agree with that. If I'm just playing "what's his upside" and stealing a semi random mock as the draft order (The Ringer)

1) Sarr: 6'11 French pogo stick with questionable skills: A more athletic Miles Turner? JJJ with lesser offensive chops? Jarrett Allen with a jumper?
2) Clingan: 7'2 280 and white: Miles Plumlee if he was 7'2?
3) Topic: Euro point who isn't really a point, and likes to score but is a meh shooter: Wish.com Luka? Dragic with questionable passing chops and playmaking IQ?
4) Dillingham: Pocket sized offensive detonation waiting to happen: Kemba Walker? Lou Williams?
5) Buzelis: Modern Euro 6'11 type but he might not be able to shoot. Wagner, Skinny Odom
6) Sheppard: 6'3 guard who plays D: Caruso, Marcus Smart
7) Rischarer: Long, athletic 3&D from France.: What if OG Anunoby and Michael Porter Jr had a baby in Paris?
8) Williams: Point forwardish with questionable athleticism but good IQ: Pascal without being a quick twitch gazelle
9) Ron Holland: If there's an actual star at the top of this draft it's probably him but it's going to take patience and development, so so raw: Paul George-ish 2 way athlete.

There's a few good players in their to be developed, no doubt, but yeah I don't see any stars here.

Yeah, I agree with that. If I'm just playing "what's his upside" and stealing a semi random mock as the draft order (The Ringer)

1) Sarr: 6'11 French pogo stick with questionable skills: A more athletic Miles Turner? JJJ with lesser offensive chops? Jarrett Allen with a jumper?
3) Topic: Euro point who isn't really a point, and likes to score but is a meh shooter: Wish.com Luka? Dragic with questionable passing chops and playmaking IQ?
4) Dillingham: Pocket sized offensive detonation waiting to happen: Kemba Walker? Lou Williams?
5) Buzelis: Modern Euro 6'11 type but he might not be able to shoot. Wagner, Skinny Odom
7) Rischarer: Long, athletic 3&D from France.: What if OG Anunoby and Michael Porter Jr had a baby in Paris?
8) Williams: Point forwardish with questionable athleticism but good IQ: Pascal without being a quick twitch gazelle
9) Ron Holland: If there's an actual star at the top of this draft it's probably him but it's going to take patience and development, so so raw: Paul George-ish 2 way athlete.

There's a few good players in their to be developed, no doubt, but yeah I don't see any stars here.

Yeah...and as far as development guys go, this might be one of those years where pick #22 gives you the same odds as #6

Yeah...and as far as development guys go, this might be one of those years where pick #22 gives you the same odds as #6

There's some guys in the teens that are probably as NBA ready as most of the lottery. Missi, Collier, Ware.

Reactions: CH1

Its ok the Raps turn Salaun into a stud with Indy`s pick

This is the 2013 draft

Greek freak and Gobert lower picks emerged , others are bust

Raps are good at finding diamonds later on

This is the 2013 draft

Greek freak and Gobert lower picks emerged , others are bust

Raps are good at finding diamonds later on

Raptors basically offered to suck whoever's dick they had to for a shot at drafting Giannis. There's some video online of their draft room on that day getting shot down. So yeah, they identified Giannis, just couldn't get a deal done.

Raptors basically offered to suck whoever's dick they had to for a shot at drafting Giannis. There's some video online of their draft room on that day getting shot down. So yeah, they identified Giannis, just couldn't get a deal done.
Same as Murray pick , ponying up what they could to move up 2 spots instead of Jake at 9

Back