• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Hes right about Conley. The series changed huge when he was out and Minnesota looked the better team as soon as he got back in

Conley was a helluva pickup for them last year. One of the few instances where “culture change” actually is a thing. Basically told Ant “start doing some fucking homework” between games

So with looking forward to the draft what do we think the picks will look like?

I think at 19 there seems to be a group of 6’10 to 7’ players that maybe intriguing.

In the second round I can see us taking either Bobi Klintman or Trentyn Flowers. If either are still around.

So with looking forward to the draft what do we think the picks will look like?

I think at 19 there seems to be a group of 6’10 to 7’ players that maybe intriguing.

In the second round I can see us taking either Bobi Klintman or Trentyn Flowers. If either are still around.

Missi or Ware are my guess. This is a pretty solid draft for toolsy rim runners and he must look at his organization and see a Koloko sized hole at the position. Jake is a possible off season trade (there's already Jake and Brown rumours out there) and Kelly is on the 16th green of his NBA career. Something we could really, really use in a Scottie Barnes driven offence is a rim runner who can play above the rim out of the dunkers spot. Look at how Luka & Kyrie use Gafford/Lively as a pressure release valve for easy buckets when defences collapse on their drives.

That 31 pick, no idea yet. Haven't looked at it. It's hard to know who the "talented but we don't want to guarantee 4 yrs to" guy is that drops from the 20's out of the 1st round is. There's almost always a good rotation player available there though. Nembhard, Herb Jones, McBride, Tillman, Claxton, Gafford. All just in the last couple of drafts. With Masai's drafting record, these clusterfuck drafts where tons of scouting staffs are likely to make selections "off the board" (because "the board" is going to be a big mess), is where he shows his quality imo.

We’re going Filipowski. Lol

After the Dick pick I don’t know what to make of Masais drafting preferences. He was the last guy I thought he’d pick.

If this draft is as gross as it sounds i can see one of two philosophies

1) highest potential guy who is 2 years away from being 3 years away from being an actual All Star or never leaves his country of origin
2) high floor low ceiling rotation whatever

After the Dick pick I don’t know what to make of Masais drafting preferences. He was the last guy I thought he’d pick.

In retrospect it looks like Masai preferred the shooting/age/size combo of Dick over the guys available at the time. A bunch of SG/SF types went around that pick. Dick is a few years younger than the guys who came into the league more polished (Hawkins, JJJ) and bigger than the other 19-20 yr olds that got taken (Bufkin, George, Pod). Fwiw it's worth I think that comes down to the organization preferring upside and length as deciding factors.

Ive seen us linked to Tyler Smith and Jaylon Tyson, whoever those dudes are

I looked at some stuff on Smith a few weeks back when I was figuring out which rim runner I wanted because he's maybe a NBA stretch 5 if he fills out. His combine numbers were pretty good and he shot 36% from NBA 3 in the G League this year. Super duper raw from a BBIQ standpoint. If Masai thinks he profiles as a modern 5, throw him in the bag with Missi and Ware at that 19 pick. 5's kinda have to be able to defend the switch on the P/R without immediately going into drop coverage now and I'm not sure he's that guy.

Masai isn't taking a 7 footer with 6'10 wingspan and a 32 inch max vert.

Fwiw, here's the combine numbers from the 5's we're talking about:

Filipowski
1716333249882.png

Missi
1716333266818.png

Ware
1716333283039.png

Smith
1716333307122.png
and because he'll get mentioned, Edey
1716333354259.png

Ware is the best physical profile there for my money. Also has functioning shooting form that suggests a stretch 5 might be in there.

Back