• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

This also reflects poorly on the organization. I get that he's a chubby wealthy kid from the D.R and all, but that's just bad player development.

And yet they are getting credit for how they handled him

Best prospect in team history shows up to the MLB level at about 280. I don't see how they can get credit for "handling" him. His bat/talent was ready for the league at least a year ago, and his body still isn't ready.

Fwiw, when you read and watch stories about minor league ball, this is hardly a problem that belongs solely to the Jays. MLB is in the dark ages when it comes to developing talent. Oddly enough, the NHL is probably the most forward looking north american league for that. The NBA is catching up quick though. With the amount of time that the average MLB'er spends in the minors before making it, it's kind of crazy how much of that development time is wasted. The organization first got their hands on Vladdy in 2016 ffs.

Best prospect in team history shows up to the MLB level at about 280. I don't see how they can get credit for "handling" him. His bat/talent was ready for the league at least a year ago, and his body still isn't ready.

Fwiw, when you read and watch stories about minor league ball, this is hardly a problem that belongs solely to the Jays. MLB is in the dark ages when it comes to developing talent. Oddly enough, the NHL is probably the most forward looking north american league for that. The NBA is catching up quick though. With the amount of time that the average MLB'er spends in the minors before making it, it's kind of crazy how much of that development time is wasted. The organization first got their hands on Vladdy in 2016 ffs.
But when these losers claim they put so much work inti spirts science and performance enhancement training it comes iff even worse

280 fuxking pounds..... and the kid has the talent to be one of the greatest ......

Someone should be fired...
And a personal trainer should be hired by the Jay's to follow this guy around 24/7.

Lmao. What else can we use to shit on management?

It's their fault Guerrero gave zero fucks about working out or eating right? A celebrity superstar athlete that has had people kissing his ass since birth and you mean to tell me its on management?

L O L

Roflmao ..... so if you buy a new piece of equipment for your employees and you discover that they haven't been using the proper maintenance, do you just throw up your hands and say it isnt your fault?
Or do you stick a mechanic on it right away and train the operators to use the piece of equipment properly?

280 pounds on anyone not using a pigskin as a job tool is bloody nuts.

But that isnt managements fault?

So .... if you can take your head out of shatkins ass for a minute, tell me what is the Jay's managements job?

To create the present situation that really didnt need to exist?
To have seriously fumbled any attempt to garner grade A talent for the players which were jettisoned off of the island?

Shapiro and Atkins are viewed by many as being the quintessential version of dumb and dumber.

I have had a few business ventures and allowing one of your main investments to be grossly misused and maintain zero maintenance is idiocy at it finest.

So keep your L. O. L. And try to maintain some semblance of sanity while occupying the nether regions of the shatkins tunnels.
Btw .... and pray they dont sneeze while you are in there.

L. O. L.

Very telling offseason coming up for Vlad. It's never going to be any easier for him to lose some weight and get into better shape than it is now.

I'm almost a bit encouraged that he has never worked out, because if he had been hitting the gym hard, and this was the result, it wouldn't bode well for the future.

If he commits himself to health and fitness, shows up to camp in good shape, he has a chance to stick at 3B, improve his baserunning, and be a star.

If he's lazy and OK with being a fat slob, then he'll be DH in a few years and probably somewhat injury prone. He would still probably have a good career, but nowhere near his ceiling.

Yeah, if he can actually get into better shape, then that would be huge. The raw power he has now won't go away. It is possible - Sandoval was a big guy, but played a decent enough 3b that he was roughly average for his career there. That's all I need from Vlad - good enough that you don't worry too much about him costing you runs there, and then the value as a 3b rather than forcing him to 1b or DH is huge.

So what you're saying is that we got nothing, for nothing?

You realize that most of the criticism comes from their habit of waiting until the player's value has fully cratered before they sell, right? Then habitually rating AAAA type players as the return?

Sanchez has had no value the last 3 years. The fact we got a crumb for him is a win. If they moved him 3 years ago at the peak of his value this board with question would've lambasted them for moving a young cheap starter in his prime.

I would be surprised to see Fisher put together a decent season next year. More valuable than the nothing/negative value the Astros got back for him anyway.

The criticisms of this front office are warranted for the most part. I just see that you have an overly negative outlook on all things Shatkins. I have yet to see you acknowledge one good move.

He'll even Zeke gives them props from time to time. Though it's on hfboards where he does most of the props.

The criticisms of this front office are warranted for the most part. I just see that you have an overly negative outlook on all things Shatkins. I have yet to see you acknowledge one good move.

He'll even Zeke gives them props from time to time. Though it's on hfboards where he does most of the props.

Grichuk is a nice rotational player . Bo , Biggio are solid draft picks and others are looking good

The last drafted positional every day player we had is Pillar for a near decade , embarrassing from our previous regime

Name a good move.

As for my "overly negative" outlook, I think it's justified in both results (taking into account where the team was when he took over, vs where it is now, taking into account how fucking long it took to get him to actually rebuilt) and current roster composition. We have how many players exactly that you expect to be around when this club is good? Vlad, Bo...maybe Cavan, maybe Jansen, maybe Gurriel for a year? The majority of the roster, after a couple years of shite is till made up of mostly AAAA players pretending to be a youth movement.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with my outlook on the performance of Shatkins. They contended poorly, they tore it down poorly, they appear to be rebuilding poorly, but they're going to nail the dismount and compete well in the end eh?

How long are you going to wait before you just accept that you're watching incompetence? Shit, we've had enough experience in watching it up close and personal in Toronto sports over the years, we should be able to see the tell tale signs of it by now.

Back