• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Went to the game yesterday with my wife and toddler. I will give shapiro credit that they did a really good job with the stadium Reno’s. Sitting in my seats the place looks great. Only thing that can use an update would be the hotel windows area. That needs some updating. The concourse is fine. The food was good enough.

We went down to the well food hall after the game that had some cool food options after the game. The area around the stadium is finally coming together.

Sat section 126 row 3. Great seats. Great angle. In the shade all game.

As for the game, Berrios was so good. Joy to watch him.

Bo is now on the DL so that probably ends his season with an 0.3 fWAR... lol

Also DL'd: Dalton Varsho.

Official 2024 final stats: 136 GP, 99 wRC+, 3.3 fWAR - so league average bat and awesome defence. With him probably moving to CF full time next year (I said probably, as I can't discount Shatkins doing something stupid), I would project his fWAR to be around 4ish.

Kirk is still playing. In 95 games he is up to a 2.5 fWAR with a 89 wRC+.

Moreno is back after a month and a bit on the DL. In 89 games this year, he has an 2.3 fWAR with a 106 wRC+.

To me, it seems that Kirk and Moreno are basically the same player, with the edge going to Kirk for his elite defence and his history of being a league average bat.

BTW: 5 fWAR for Vladdy. Wow.

Ohtani creates the 50/50 club!

The most shocking part for me is that he’s managed 51 steals in just 55 attempts. That's has to be the best all time success percentage for anyone over 50 steals
wonder what happened on those 4 attempts. Halfway to 2nd he must have just decided not to run as fast to give the other team a chance. Just to keep things interesting.

Reactions: CH1
Back