• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

It’ll be hilarious if he says “nah I’m good” regarding the jab.

I think he’ll get it but itd be pathetic and embarrassing if he doesn’t.

Pretty shit deadline. No real difference makers for a team that should be swinging for homeruns.

I really like our team heading down the stretch. Manoah, Berrios and Gausman is a really good top 3 imo.

So in a trade call you talk to the other team. The other team's AGM, GM maybe President. In those conversations, you ask about medical history and I would wager Vaccine Hesitancy. Now that other team might lie and say that he will get it, or not, or that he already has, but that is a bad business practice as most F.Os do talk to other F.Os and if word gets around that you lie your ass off, most teams probably won't deal with you again.

Now there have been instances that Front Offices have lied and have done shady things re: trades. But I bet all of us here could name like 5 instances ever. In like ALL sports.

So I am sure that in this trade call, the Jays would have asked KC if he was really Vaccine Hesitant, and KC probably asked Whit if this was something that he would do - since he has another year left on his contract. And I am sure that the Jays got the right answer since they made the trade.

There have been multiple reports that the Jays were after a player but it didn't go far as they didn't want to get the vaccine.

But sure, in the fog of the trade deadline, this front office, which is known as too conservative, would throw caution to the wind and trade a real piece for a not-sure thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This merrifield thing is so fucking stupid. It strains credulity to think they traded for this guy. Even if he does get vaccinated, which as far as we know he hasn’t yetdone or committed to do, it will be at least 2 weeks (jihnson&johnson and upto 5 (Pfizer) or 6 weeks before he can play a game in Toronto. Nice add for the stretch run…

Remember the time the Leafs signed a guy almost solely because their coach saw another guy shut someone on our team down this one time and mistakenly attributed it to the guy we signed?

Competent management does competent things. Incompetent management does incompetent things.

Remember the time the Leafs signed a guy almost solely because their coach saw another guy shut someone on our team down this one time and mistakenly attributed it to the guy we signed?

Competent management does competent things. Incompetent management does incompetent things.
Good ol Jeff Finger

I know this is the legend and everything, but to believe this you'd have to think the entire Leafs org mistook Jeff Finger for Kurt Sauer. not just Cliff Fletcher.

I thought it was just that coach misremembered and that old cliff just took his word for it.

Yeah, that was my recollection. Ron Wilson had just been hired as Leaf coach that summer, and he’d spent the previous several years coaching a team in the same division as Colorado.

I also remember Wilson being the guy that went in front of the cameras to hype up the signing.

Meanwhile, Cliff was a senile sock puppet at that point, and probably just signed the guy their brand new, fairly high-profile coach told them to sign.

Back