• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Phase I Arena Renovations

A nice shuttle to Carteret county perhaps? That would be awesome. With reclining seats on the after game leg!

I was just in Carteret County. Made the trip to one of my favorite restaurants before I start my chemo and radiation. I grew up in the Swansboro and Morehead area

Which one? When we go to Bogue Banks, we end up in the same restaurants.

And thinking good thoughts on your treatments, both during and after.

Thanks

I grew up going to The Sanitary so it holds a special place in my heart, even if the food is not as good as it used to be. On the way back we also like to stop at T&W Oyster Bar near Stella. It’s been around for a long time too.

Thanks

I grew up going to The Sanitary so it holds a special place in my heart, even if the food is not as good as it used to be. On the way back we also like to stop at T&W Oyster Bar near Stella. It’s been around for a long time too.
We stopped going to Sanitary long ago, after we found the Ruddy Duck next door, my youngest went to school with a server that worked there. Sadly they closed. We always end up at Beaufort Grocery. If we stay on the island, it’s Amos Mosquitos.

BeauGro is always excellent.

If you haven’t tried these places they’re also very good.
Parrotts On 11th in MHC
Full Circle Cafe in MHC
34 Degrees - Beaufort

And for beer etc.
Tapping the Admiral in Beaufort
Fishtowne in Beaufort
Atlantic Beach Bottle Shop

Thanks

I guess with Captain Charlie's gone, that's what's left of the really old school fish joints ... Santary and T&W. I hate the place, but my parents would put the Crab Shack in Salter Path on the list too. I'm just happy with a shrimp burger from Els or Big Oak.

And yeah, Beaufort Grocery has always been consistently good. Ruddy Duck, Amos Mosquitos and Aqua are others we'll rotate through. I don't get down much anymore since my folks are finally selling up their place and the older version of me prefers the mountains for my weekend escapes.

As they add additional drinking establishment options, they should also provide additional ride share options of all types ... including shuttles and buses. Find a sponsor and bring back the North Hills bus, provide Wolfline service from the Campus area, regular public service from Durham, Cary and Raleigh's suburbs, better rideshare pickup and drop off areas ... these are all do-able.
I read "...professional drinking establishments..."

I guess with Captain Charlie's gone, that's what's left of the really old school fish joints ... Santary and T&W. I hate the place, but my parents would put the Crab Shack in Salter Path on the list too. I'm just happy with a shrimp burger from Els or Big Oak.

And yeah, Beaufort Grocery has always been consistently good. Ruddy Duck, Amos Mosquitos and Aqua are others we'll rotate through. I don't get down much anymore since my folks are finally selling up their place and the older version of me prefers the mountains for my weekend escapes.
had a bad experience at Crab Shack. But I do love Amos Mosquito’s.

In high school I worked at the water slide in Emerald Isle and the old boardwalk…. Which is now an RV park.

had a bad experience at Crab Shack.

In high school I worked at the water slide in Emerald Isle and the old boardwalk…. Which is now an RV park.
Thus why I hate the Crab Shack. My folks love it ... I just eat hush puppies

That water slide was fun but the bonkers concrete one in AB was the best, for the sheer chance somebody was gonna get pitched out into the parking lot on an overly sharp turn. That one is some sort of half-assed municipal park now. It's all "let's keep the kids safe" these days ... lol.

BTW ... all my best as you shift gears into eating only what you can keep down for awhile. Hang in there, pal.

OK ... computer jokes and puns ... GO
I assume when the Canes hit one of those long losing streaks it’s the equivalent of a virus or malware attack and Brindy and company should call the Helpdesk…or at the company I work for we affectionately call it…the “Help Yourself Desk”!

Back