• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Phase I Arena Renovations

I'm typing on a Lenovo Yoga laptop that goes along on my travels. Wondering if there's going to be a stuck keys anywhere in the Len Cen?

My family used to hit the Sanitary whenever we went down that way. It wasn't hitting on much last time my wife & I stopped in. We'd been wreck diving with Olympus and were close to starving by the late afternoon. Disappointing was the best review I could give.

For sandwiches, bar food, & cold beer I was always a fan of Sam & Omie's at Nags Head whenever we hit the Outer Banks. Haven't been fishing down that way in several years though. It's been so long since I fished the OBX, I about forget what the place looks like. I heard the big red drum are around now though. A buddy's son caught a 42" Red last week.

Jim

The Centennial Authority submitted a rezoning request for their entire 80 acre property around the arena to the City of Raleigh yesterday. With all the involved parties having their say, including public hearings, the approval process could take 6 to 9 months.

The Centennial Authority submitted a rezoning request for their entire 80 acre property around the arena to the City of Raleigh yesterday. With all the involved parties having their say, including public hearings, the approval process could take 6 to 9 months.
The details are in this article in today's Triangle Business Journal...

For those without access, all I can say is that the magnitude of what's planned over the next 15 years is a little overwhelming. According to the TBJ, the proposal "calls for a site with four subdistricts holding 4,000 residential units, up to 3 million square feet of non-residential space with building heights up to 40 stories, parking decks, open space, entertainment and dining areas as well as an enhanced tailgating experience." This simple rendering in the filing caught my attention...

Arena Development.png

The details are in this article in today's Triangle Business Journal...

For those without access, all I can say is that the magnitude of what's planned over the next 15 years is a little overwhelming. According to the TBJ, the proposal "calls for a site with four subdistricts holding 4,000 residential units, up to 3 million square feet of non-residential space with building heights up to 40 stories, parking decks, open space, entertainment and dining areas as well as an enhanced tailgating experience." This simple rendering in the filing caught my attention...

View attachment 22054
Our tailgate spot is under a pink block.
Dundon can go fuck himself.

Definitely going to be a huge change in the gameday experience as the development progresses. In the end I still want to be able to show up and park 10 minutes before the doors open and be able to get the heck out of there and on my way back to Holly Springs as quickly as possible. I won't be one of those fans who looks to linger around the area for hours after a 7PM weekday night game ends.

Back