• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 3 / Game 2: @ Las Vegas, Wednesday, June 16th, 9:00EST (LV leads 1-0)

The best part yesterday was Staal screaming at the refs to ''do your f***ing job''.....when the refs wouldn't call obvious penalties after Staal got checking in the boards.

Staal is totally committed, and he was just cruising/not caring during the regular season

Stat of the day - after games 1 & 2:

Suzuki has taken 10-DZone faceoffs and won 7-of them. The 3-losses have all resulted in a VGK goal.
I said before the series: we win if our 4th line outplays their 4th line, and if we win the faceoff battle

The best part yesterday was Staal screaming at the refs to ''do your f***ing job''.....when the refs wouldn't call obvious penalties after Staal got checking in the boards.

Staal is totally committed, and he was just cruising/not caring during the regular season
Never realized how nasty a game Staal plays - camouflages it well & does it behind the play

All those years I argued with my friends that Pietro was better than Subban, hence he played ahead of him at the 2014 Olympics. They preferred to call Babcock, Therrien and the rest racists.

He is Petry but better and more consistent.

Never realized how nasty a game Staal plays - camouflages it well & does it behind the play
We missed out on that 2003 draft BIGLY. It would be interesting to see post Oilers dynasty era, which draft has the most Cups. 2003 would be right there.

Stat of the day - after games 1 & 2:

Suzuki has taken 10-DZone faceoffs and won 7-of them. The 3-losses have all resulted in a VGK goal.

That’s likely because Toffoli and Caufield aren’t taking away the shooting lane. Might be due to subtle interference in the face of circle.

All those years I argued with my friends that Pietro was better than Subban, hence he played ahead of him at the 2014 Olympics. They preferred to call Babcock, Therrien and the rest racists.

He is Petry but better and more consistent.
nah

normally the habs make the goalie look better than he is
this time they are doing it with a D instead

They were also just perfectly placed (more or less lucky) shots that made it between all the screens.
That's the type of thing that doesn't scare me moving forward. They happen sometimes, it just happened to be in back to back games.

They were also just perfectly placed (more or less lucky) shots that made it between all the screens.
That's the type of thing that doesn't scare me moving forward. They happen sometimes, it just happened to be in back to back games.
You may not be scared. I, on the other hand, am visualizing a goal now every time we face off in our zone.

If we manage to shut down Pietro (again not having played him all year has some to do with this), we should be alright.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Vegas has not left their time zone all year. This trip East will be their first. How they react to being here and then go back will a key differentiator.

Meanwhile the Habs have been crossing time zones all year including the Winnipeg series.

That’s what is a little vexing. These are stats, but need to recognize the situation.
Meh, every goal against sucks and they're all preventable... And usually due to someone making a mistake.

You're never going to win 100% of battles. It's important to react to those losses properly.

The fact that those shots found their way through the maze of bodies and in on 2 out of 10 defensive zone faceoff losses last night is a bit of an anomaly. It's more likely that it doesn't happen again in the next 3 games than it is to repeat itself.

He's been so much better as the playoffs progressed. He hasn't been in the playoffs past the first round since 2009 so he's understandably motivated.

Back