• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 3 / Game 6: VS Las Vegas, Thursday, June 24nd, 8:00EST (Habs Lead 3-2)

makes a lovely banner for next year though
We don't hang banners for conference or division "championships". I won't even be buying one of those "semifinal champions" t-shirts.

Although I did order one of those $45 Finals caps that the boys were wearing last night. It probably won't be delivered until after the finals are over but I figured what the hell. Just something I can wear to trigger Leafs fans with.

We don't hang banners for conference or division "championships". I won't even be buying one of those "semifinal champions" t-shirts.

Although I did order one of those $45 Finals caps that the boys were wearing last night. It probably won't be delivered until after the finals are over but I figured what the hell. Just something I can wear to trigger Leafs fans with.
What’s on the docket for this glorious Friday? Going to the nearest pre-school to tell the kids there’s no Easter Bunny or Santa?

What’s on the docket for this glorious Friday? Going to the nearest pre-school to tell the kids there’s no Easter Bunny or Santa?
You know what a semifinals champions t-shirt is good for? Wiping up any champagne that accidentally dribbles down the side of the Stanley Cup after you drink from it. Also useful for washing your car over the summer.

This is Montreal, baby. Cup banners only. I don't make the rules, I merely enforce them. :cool:

How did it come to this? Was told none of this happened in the 70s or prior - I saw it up close in 86 & 93..

Gives the city a bad name..

It has become a tradition across North America to "celebrate" big wins with vandalism. In 86 it kinda just happened. I don't recall having any inkling prior to the last game that anything was going to happen. And in the pre-smart phone and internet days, I rode the Metro from Sauve to Vendome blissfully unaware of what was happening above me. I didn't find out until the next morning that anything had happened. By 1993 these things were the kind of events you could set your watch to. And nowadays they don't even wait for an actual championship. Win a series, flip a cop car.

Ben voila, c'est fait...

It all feels surreal this morning ...

I have to admit that weeks ago (even before the playoffs), I had a dream that a left handed shot would score the OT winning goal to push us to the Finals. I just figured it was Lehk due to his size and then I woke up.

As the OT started I told myself Lehk will score. I was actually very calm when Vegas was getting all those chances prior to the goal.

Back