• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Post a fact about yourself...

My dog, Maya, has great anxiety issues, especially when it comes to trucks going down our street. Trash days are just a train wreck for her despite my best efforts to calm her down.

I think there's medication for that though? I don't have a pet though, so what do I know lol...
We tried that for a month but it didn't seem to help much. I've been looking around for CBD for dogs but haven't found a reputable place yet. I know there's some out there though. I should hit the pet specialty store near me to ask.

Almost every Saturday, I listen to a local station's Beatles show, from 9 AM to noon local time. But when I miss it (like yesterday, since my granddaughter had a soccer game at 10:00 AM and I had to pick up stuff for her younger sister's birthday party), I try to catch it here (Beatles Radio Shows)

I have not taught a class on campus at my local community college since March 13th, 2020. In fact, I've only set for on campus twice since then, once to cast my vote in the November 2020 elections, the other time in early August this year to prove my vaccination status.
I am scheduled to go back January 10th for the Spring 2022 semester. I can't wait!

In the past two years (pandemic-related?), I've had this annoying habit of regularly (though not always) waking up between 30-45 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. I've tried to get back to sleep but can never seem to do so. Recently (like this morning, 45 minutes ahead), I didn't even fight it.

Edit: at least this morning, I did get to sleep until my alarm went off. With a full cup of coffee in me, I feel pretty good. ;)

Last edited:
Proud owner of a Samsung 9 (though upgrade needed real soon). Had an iPhone once, for about a year. Maybe it was all the features I had on my old LG, but I never got used to iPhone's functionality, and it didn't have some apps I regularly used. And I HATE the keyboard "swipe to type" on iPhone, though it's not worked as well on my Samsung since an OS upgrade over a year ago.

I actually give a crap about my wife's choices when we're out shopping now. I used to say "everything looks good" when she tried stuff on. Now, I have an actual informed opinion (why one thing looks better than another). She appreciates that much more.

I went to my local pub on Friday evening with the missus, enjoyed some of the special brews that had featured, then talked to one of the servers I know. He made sure I had my corner to watch the games Saturday: Ohio State vs Michigan State (CFB) and Liverpool v Arsenal (Premier League soccer). Head on a swivel the entire time.

(Good results for me, too. tOSU won 56-7 while Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-0)

My grandfather was a local politician in Pittsburgh, so I had the chance to meet some local well-known folks. One I met was former Pirates star outfielder and later successful MLB coach and manager Bill Virdon. Was very nice to me both times I met him. Even signed an autograph for me the second time, though I didn't ask him to.
Sad he passed away yesterday (11/23/21) at 90. 😭

Got the Pfizer booster shot yesterday. My arm hurts a bit, but otherwise everything is good so far.
Nice! Had the Moderna booster last month. Gave me less trouble than the second dose, which was barely anything other than a sore arm for a few days. This time, not even two full days.
Oh, and my three eldest grandkids got their second dose this past week.

Back