• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason GDT: Canes v. Lightning 9/26 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
It begins, the pretend games at least.

The Canes named their lineup, linked below. Most of the familiar faces are on D…Chatfield, Coghlan, TDA. But we also get Orlov and Jones on their Canes debut. As for the forwards? It’s a lot of PTOs and rookies. We finally get to see Ryan Suzuki and I’m also looking forward to seeing Felix Unger Sorum, Justin Robidas and Jamieson Rees. Andersen and Kochetkov are the goalies.

The Canes will be wearing white for all preseason games (bring back the home whites!). The game will be streamed on the Canes website. I don’t know if the Fan will be carrying the game.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and of course my kiddo has his first scouts meeting tonight at 7.
😑

Here's hoping Coghlan has the best pre season ever and thus generates an offer from another club ... 3rd rounder anyone? 4th?

Here's hoping Coghlan has the best pre season ever and thus generates an offer from another club ... 3rd rounder anyone? 4th?
Stick bag? Practice pucks?

Of all the signings over the summer, qualifying him is near the top of most puzzling.

Stick bag? Practice pucks?

Of all the signings over the summer, qualifying him is near the top of most puzzling.
I mean, I assumed he was insurance, but only of the most paranoid kind. Someone to run the power play if 4 other guys get hurt kind of deal.

Tonight’s lineup. Walt Ruff was careful to say that they’re only in the order he saw them and not to read anything else into them. That said, I’m excited to see that top line. One of the pairings will be scratched, he’s not sure which one, but I suspect it will be the last pair because I’m not sure they meet the 8 veteran rule if they scratch one of the top 3 pairings.

Rees - Suzuki - Unger Sorum
Aston-Reese - Conacher - Bellows
Murray - Shore - Halbgewachs
Perlini - Robidas - Gunler

Orlov - DeAngelo
Jones - Chatfield
Beaulieu - Coghlan
Seeley - Montgomery

Well, that’s alot of “Who dat” in this lineup….even for a preseason game. Lol
All the PTOs except for Bellows and Halbgewachs qualify as veterans for purposes of fulfilling the 8 vet rule. So we could conceivably see Seeley and Montgomery and still be covered.

Game video on hurricanes.nhl.com working for anyone yet? I've just got a 57 second 'break in progress' screen, but i can flip to wralsportsfan.com and hear the 99.9 audio, so i know they're "on".

2-1 good guys after 1. Halbgewachs with a nice goal in front after Murray forced a turnover in the corner, followed by a Jones shot from the blue line with Rees providing a nice screen in front.

Felix Unger Sorum is the real deal so far.

Why does every Canes radio broadcast have what sounds like a vuvuzela horn in the background? This is going on 2-3 seasons now. It's very annoying .

A TDA bomb makes it 3-1 after 2. Perlini took a shot from the circle they was blocked and it came right to TDA. Koochie got the secondary assist, he cam in for Andersen with a little more than 7 minutes to go in the period.

Back