• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

like i said, it would be quite insane.

but even in the poorly sourced rumour, they've apparently already said no.

Find someone who'll take Dvorak, figure out a way to get Strome here, #profit.

No idea what Chicago's doing. It's like they let an internet forum dweller run the organization.

Still makes no sense. Why throw away a valuable asset like Strome just to piss off Kane and Toews?

Still makes no sense to just let Strome go for nothing instead of trading him for picks/prospects. They'd be equally upset if he was traded for non roster assets.

Find someone who'll take Dvorak, figure out a way to get Strome here, #profit.

No idea what Chicago's doing. It's like they let an internet forum dweller run the organization.
Strome has lead feet.

Dvorak will draw interest especially amongst Western Conf teams who know him well

It's a ploy to get Kane and Toews to ask out and waive their NMCs as they both want to stay in Chicago, for the moment...
What about Seth Jones, whose $9.5M deal starts next season and 7-more thereafter w full NMC?

Kane is UFA after next season so he’s gonzo, now or next deadline

Strome has lead feet.

Dvorak will draw interest especially amongst Western Conf teams who know him well
I know what's Strome's problem is, it's the same reason he got traded from Phoenix.

What I don't understand is why he's being let go for nothing, without even a qualifying offer. Tender him a QO and if you really don't want to keep him, trade him for something. A late pick, another team's 22/23 year old first round bust looking for a new opportunity, something.

What about Seth Jones, whose $9.5M deal starts next season and 7-more thereafter w full NMC?

Virtually impossible to trade. If he wasn't making close to $10M / year, I'd feel terrible for Jones.

Plus, it helps the tank.

They need the assets they'll get in a trade. Kane leaving for nothing as a UFA would be a disaster for a rebuilding team. Toews at half salary would get a ton too.

They could easily have gotten picks/futures for Strome a few months ago, when tank strategy was already underway

I get that Chicago's trying to out-tank Arizona for the Bedard pick, but this is just... I don't know.

Back