• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I wonder how much of a blood bath the TV ratings & season tix have been since the Kyle Beach incident?
Doesn't help that the team was already spiraling, Mr. Captain probably turned a blind-eye to the whole thing and poor a black mark on his otherwise untarnished career, most of the management team that was around for the incident was still employed.

If the teamw as still competitive, a lot of fans would have done what fans usually do: Not care and kept on cheering.

You’d think that they tried to trade him, but maybe all the teams don’t want to pay the arbitration decision? Likely the same thing we’ll be doing with Pitlick but on a lesser degree.

Doesn't help that the team was already spiraling, Mr. Captain probably turned a blind-eye to the whole thing and poor a black mark on his otherwise untarnished career, most of the management team that was around for the incident was still employed.

If the teamw as still competitive, a lot of fans would have done what fans usually do: Not care and kept on cheering.

Bettman, Fehr , and the Hawks shoved it under the rug

The cup run trumps all

You’d think that they tried to trade him, but maybe all the teams don’t want to pay the arbitration decision? Likely the same thing we’ll be doing with Pitlick but on a lesser degree.
Word is Rem is gone. I liked him a lot but he's not a top 6 guy on this team and he's not really suited for bottom six.

Tyler Pitlick can go

I am conceding the bottom two spots to Chicago and Arizona....but still, a 10% shot at Bedard is pretty sweet. The next best centre, Fantili, also projects to be better than Wright.

I am conceding the bottom two spots to Chicago and Arizona....but still, a 10% shot at Bedard is pretty sweet. The next best centre, Fantili, also projects to be better than Wright.
Fantilli is a beast

Dvorsky and Yager and good but slight framed

I think Hugo wants a big 2 way horse as the second C and hope Dach is that guy

2023 is loaded in the top 7 , 1 more shit year please

I've watched and read a ton about Dach. Talked to two hawk fan buddies too.

Consensus is they fucked Dach up expecting him to figure it out while the team was reeling from scandal.

Go back to 2018 and watch this kid. He is a steal and if Marty can get him out of that cocoon we will have our #1 center. I love Suzuki but Dach has beast potential. Just gotta get there.

I wouldn't mind getting Strome too if we can dump Dvorak.

Oh then blended BS.

My bad.
This is what always happens with these stories. It's what Mike Lupica refers to as "sports gerbilism". Some fan site or blog run by some loser living in his mother's basement floats some piece of shit story and then it makes the rounds until some legitimate, more reputable media outlet mentions it (the Trump style "I'm hearing..." or "A lot of people are saying...") Next thing you know, it's considered a legitimate story even though it never had any basis in fact whatsoever.

And media outlets of all stripes allow it because it gets clicks and their defense, when called out on it is, "Hey, it's just sports". as if truth and accuracy don't matter.

Some have said Dach was a bit of a reach at #3.

Anyway, that’s all water under the bridge now. Priority is to reboot career of a young pro.

That smells like a deliberate “no-deal” offer by the Habs. They won’t trade a decent NHL goalie to a division rival, who desperately needs a real goalie, unless they rob them blind.
Well, that's a legitimate tactic. The price you ask from a division rival that you have to play against a half dozen times a season and potentially in the playoffs should be significantly higher than the price you ask from a team in the other conference. If Edmonton wants Allen, that's one thing. But if division rival Toronto wants him, they get charged minibar prices.

Back