• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Why do we need McLeod?
Good role player with great wheels , reminds me of LEK

I cant see Oils giving us a first for the trash JE or one of their better prospects

I think this trade deadline isnt going to yield to the stupid returns of years ago , too many teams are in dump mode

You couldn’t see Chiarot getting a first either.

You need to adjust your analysis away from bias.

Good role player with great wheels , reminds me of LEK

I cant see Oils giving us a first for the trash JE or one of their better prospects

I think this trade deadline isnt going to yield to the stupid returns of years ago , too many teams are in dump mode
It's not the "dump mode", they were in dump mode last year too. It's the draft class. If this class was like last year they'd be giving them up again.

The only way Edmundson gets a first IMHO is from a team that's in the playoffs and knows they're not going to be a lottery team. The others? They will only offer protected picks if interested. Which is fine for Edmundson.

It's not the "dump mode", they were in dump mode last year too. It's the draft class. If this class was like last year they'd be giving them up again.

The only way Edmundson gets a first IMHO is from a team that's in the playoffs and knows they're not going to be a lottery team. The others? They will only offer protected picks if interested. Which is fine for Edmundson.
Prices will be set when ROR , Tarasenko, and or Kane /Toews decisions are made

I see plenty of those Vanek , " fuck there is 10 minutes left to make a move " deals to get what you can this year

I also think teams didn't give a shit about giving up a first in last year's draft, which was seen as weak.

If you think the draft is deep, there's going to be real hesitancy in giving up your first.

I like Spence and he was one of those guys I wanted in his draft year. I would have taken him in the second and he ended up sliding to the fourth incomprehensibly, I'm not as interested in trading specifically for him only because there's only so many spots available.

Looking two years from now at the 2024-2025 training camp.

I think there's a very good chance Guhle & Xhekaj are going to be on the team. I think Jordan Harris is probably still here by then, but I think he's the most likely to be traded. They're all LHD and if Matheson's still here, that's 4 people in 3 slots.

Kovacevic is a short-term, stop gap defenseman. Justin Barron's a coin flip, maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't.

We'll have Mailloux in his second pro year, RHD. Engstrom's going to be in North America by then. Hutson's going to be playing pro. Struble might get signed, TBD. Trudeau might continue his progression, TBD. And if we pick a defenseman in the first round this year?

There's just not enough space on defense atm.

If I'm dealing with Los Angeles, I do whatever it takes to get Francesco Pinelli. I'd be shocked if they traded him, let alone for Edmundsson, but if they were willing? Shit, sweeten the pot if necessary.

Alternative: See if we can pry away Quinten Byfield from them. He's in his third pro year, hasn't been lighting it up yet. I wonder if a Kirby Dach-ian change in scenery would do him some good?

I think Barron makes it, decent progression for him this year. Harris can play both sides so he can plays a role as a 7th defenseman that can help whenever. I see quite a bit of Robidas in him.

I think Mailloux will still be in the AHL in two years, similar path as Barron. We still need more forwards though.

Yeah, our best AHL forward is Raphael Harvey-Pinard. That's a terrible sight.

We need some 19/20/21 year old forwards in the AHL that are going to really push for a roster spot. I think Beck's going to make the team next season and we'll have Farrell / Heineman / Kidney / Roy / Davidson at next year's training camp, pushing for a roster spot. I think Farrell & Heineman have the best shots at making it, but even if they don't, time in Laval would be beneficial.

If we could manage to trade for one or two more forwards that could compete for a roster spot either next year or the year after? I'm all ears.

There needs to be real players in the AHL pushing to make the NHL that are actual threats. Otherwise, what do Rem Pitlick and Michael Pezzetta have to fear? There's nobody to replace them.

I like Spence and he was one of those guys I wanted in his draft year. I would have taken him in the second and he ended up sliding to the fourth incomprehensibly, I'm not as interested in trading specifically for him only because there's only so many spots available.

Looking two years from now at the 2024-2025 training camp.

I think there's a very good chance Guhle & Xhekaj are going to be on the team. I think Jordan Harris is probably still here by then, but I think he's the most likely to be traded. They're all LHD and if Matheson's still here, that's 4 people in 3 slots.

Kovacevic is a short-term, stop gap defenseman. Justin Barron's a coin flip, maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't.

We'll have Mailloux in his second pro year, RHD. Engstrom's going to be in North America by then. Hutson's going to be playing pro. Struble might get signed, TBD. Trudeau might continue his progression, TBD. And if we pick a defenseman in the first round this year?

There's just not enough space on defense atm.

If I'm dealing with Los Angeles, I do whatever it takes to get Francesco Pinelli. I'd be shocked if they traded him, let alone for Edmundsson, but if they were willing? Shit, sweeten the pot if necessary.

Alternative: See if we can pry away Quinten Byfield from them. He's in his third pro year, hasn't been lighting it up yet. I wonder if a Kirby Dach-ian change in scenery would do him some good?
Pinelli would be great , my buddy’s nephew

Byfield would need a creative trade

Back