• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

I get that he's old/overpaid by now, but I wonder what Flames fans are thinking as they see to be the only ones losing a fan favourite in Giordano

As expected , those are shit contracts

Eberle , one of the TB trio, anyone of value that can be flipped for assets at the deadline is the way to go

Kraken are getting no legit building blocks like Vegas did

Still thought that they would take a chance on someone like Tarasenko. If he could come back to what he was before, would have immense value, and it's not like you have another 5 years on the deal to worry about.

Still thought that they would take a chance on someone like Tarasenko. If he could come back to what he was before, would have immense value, and it's not like you have another 5 years on the deal to worry about.
Francis is trying to buy himself options on UFA market. Teams who perhaps wanted to make a splash, needing to free up $, potentially can’t play in UFA market

Maybe a lot of UFAs balked about joining an expansion team, now Seattle might be able to offer the most $

They had the chance to talk to all of them, so they had a head start in negotiating so they can still select picks and sign them later.

But if the team looks like a bottom feeder after the draft, it's going to be hard to sign players.

And from the looks of it, ignoring Price is part of an overall strategy by Francis. Because there is no way you ignore some of the large yet shorter terms contracts out there which can be monetized for futures as early as March.

Back