• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

Krustchev

"General Manager" will probably just be an empty, but high paying, title with the Habs for a while (at least a couple of years) - Gorton isn't moving he and his family here just to be an "advisor" to the GM - but if I had to guess, I think Danny Briere will get the gig, and if not him then someone out of left field . . . like the Gorton hire was. I don't see Darche, Madden, Roy, et al., getting the gig. Their windows closed when Gorton was hired.

Roy will never work for this franchise and this GM job would be the worst possible fit for him anyway. Roy won't want a job in which he's just Gorton's puppet and he won't be quiet about it. Roy is not a yes man and that's basically what this job is. Gorton is the boss.

The guy they hire will be someone who couldn't get a legitimate GM job with any other franchise. It will be someone who is just happy to be there.

St Patrick for intents and purposes has been unofficially blackballed from the NHL

Sure sounds as if Briere will be the next GM. Would be great if Madden Jr can replace Timmins role and take over all of scouting duties (amateur + pro) as he’s doing in Ana in a parallel transfer but with significant pay increase

St Patrick for intents and purposes has been unofficially blackballed from the NHL

Sure sounds as if Briere will be the next GM. Would be great if Madden Jr can replace Timmins role and take over all of scouting duties (amateur + pro) as he’s doing in Ana in a parallel transfer but with significant pay increase

Briere is ideal candidate

Bright , nice personality , young , a bit of experience and wont rock the boat

Perfect conduit with the media and Gorton`s orders

5 years down the road if he is ready and Gorton has had enough he takes over

My buddy worked with Gorton for years , says he is the perfect candidate to retool this franchise

Great people person and a calm demeanor , he is shocked he chose the Habs.

Hearing that Madden JR is in the mix for a key role as well

My buddy worked with Gorton for years , says he is the perfect candidate to retool this franchise

Ego, but in a good way. Why do people take jobs with the Yankees or Real Madrid?

This is quite an accomplishment for someone from Massachusetts.

Ego, but in a good way. Why do people take jobs with the Yankees or Real Madrid?

This is quite an accomplishment for someone from Massachusetts.

Exactly , but the Habs are not Real Madrid or the Yankees with the language barrier and 2 faced media to deal with

Any top respected soccer or baseball exec can take over Real Madrid or Yanks with no issue

Media will crucify them if the the team underachieves down the road but not because of his last name

Madden Jr for amateur scouting would be good.

Why wouldn't Gorton choose the Habs of he rarely had to face the media? Their money still spends.

Madden Jr for amateur scouting would be good.

Why wouldn't Gorton choose the Habs of he rarely had to face the media? Their money still spends.

Just shocked he accepted and more Molson bucking the trend

Delighted with the hire , should help drafting and developing

Just shocked he accepted and more Molson bucking the trend

Delighted with the hire , should help drafting and developing
I’m also surprised that Gorton accepted. He could have gotten another GM gig where no one would care what languages he speaks or his ethnicity. His compensation must be nuts.

I’m also surprised that Gorton accepted. He could have gotten another GM gig where no one would care what languages he speaks or his ethnicity. His compensation must be nuts.

No cap on top execs , Molson finally got something right

My buddy firmly believes consortium told him get the right dude in charge regardless of language or ethnicity

The french media can bitch all they want , the common sense people see this as a huge win and maybe a step that philosophical change was due .

Gorton can learn a bit of French for bonus points

Reactions: CH1
Peeair McGuire please. But he has to bring the sens scouting/developing ppl with him.

Back