• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

It would discredit them further
And most importantly of all, Habs would once again potentially revert to being the NHL trail blazers having the first female GM in the NHL… just know Molson would have wet dreams over that as his legacy

And most importantly of all, Habs would once again potentially revert to being the NHL trail blazers having the first female GM in the NHL… just know Molson would have wet dreams over that as his legacy

Problem I have with a female GM is when things go wrong and you need to fire them .

Totally different media optics as well

Easier criticizing Nero but criticizing a female as incompetent is a whole different thing

They would be great behind the scenes in roles that are less susceptible to criticism

Problem I have with a female GM is when things go wrong and you need to fire them .

Easier criticizing Nero but criticizing a female as incompetent is a whole different thing

They would be great behind the scenes in roles that are less susceptible to criticism
I would reread your post’s insinuation, just sayin..

I would reread your post’s insinuation, just sayin..

Who do you think would be easier to fire as your hockey GM , St Pierre or Darche

It’s not even close , Sal

I worked with organizations where the GM or directors were scared shitless to turf a female manager , fearing the backlash .

I have seen dozens of male managers punted as soon as sales dipped

It’s a totally different vibe and it has nothing to do with ability .

Who do you think would be easier to fire as your hockey GM , St Pierre or Darche

It’s not even close , Sal

I worked with organizations where the GM or directors were scared shitless to turf a female manager , fearing the backlash .

I have seen dozens of male managers punted as soon as sales dipped

It’s a totally different vibe and it has nothing to do with ability .
So women execs don’t get relieved of their duties in the corporate world? I’ve even had to let go of some over the last 2-years… there’s no joy in firing anyone (man or woman)

So women execs don’t get relieved of their duties in the corporate world? I’ve even had to let go of some over the last 2-years… there’s no joy in firing anyone (man or woman)

Agreed but this is a different optic Sal

In our corporate world there is no media following your every move , your product isn’t televised or scrutinized on podcasts or panels or journalists .

What happens in your profession mainly stays internal . Millions don’t know or don’t care who the heck Jane Doe Director of Quality Control is . If she gets fired , she gets her package and finds another job .

Agreed but this is a different optic Sal

In our corporate world there is no media following your every move , your product isn’t televised or scrutinized on podcasts or panels or journalists .

What happens in your profession mainly stays internal . Millions don’t know or don’t care who the heck Jane Doe Director of Quality Control is . If she gets fired , she gets her package and finds another job .
Hillary Clinton didn’t get elected for the top job… and didn’t assume the fetal position crying or whining in public.

IF Castonguay has the potential (which is absolutely paramount) then this is a Branch Rickey / Jackie Robinson moment that can’t be overlooked by the preeminent NHL organization

Hillary Clinton didn’t get elected for the top job… and didn’t assume the fetal position crying or whining in public.

IF Castonguay has the potential (which is absolutely paramount) then this is a Branck Rickey / Jackie Robinson moment that can’t be overlooked

Won’t happen , other capacities maybe but not GM

Clinton and Habs 24/7 is not a comparable

Catherine Raiche would be my choice, but I don't have any issue with Emily Castonguay either.

nah..., at the end of day it’s all about wins and losses. You lose, nobody thinks twice about asking for your hide

BTW, I wanted Alex Anthopoulous when he was avail years ago. He could have learned the intricacies of the sport.

BTW, Serge Savard is such an embarrassment— saw him on RDS and the only names he suggested were ex players like Roy, Carbo, Damphousse.... I guess he hasn’t followed the game in two decades

Sounds like most of these replacements won't even be as good as MB. Darche has what, 2 years in Tampa as hockey operations? The pickings look damn slim.

Back