• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

Just not sure Roy is the right fit here. This club will need patience to build from the ground up. Also, I can just imagine contract negotiations that don't go his way. We need someone who is into advanced metrics, young, and has worked with some of the teams that are always competitive, ie Pitts/Tampa etc..

Roy should not be allowed in the building, even if he buys a ticket. His statements prove that he is clueless and if he really believes that a team this bad only needs to be retooled then I suspect he will not get along with Gorton, who I'm sure must have already figured out that this roster needs to be gutted from stem to stern. Roy wouldn't last a week before he erupted in a fit of pique over some perceived slight. Hiring him is a waste of time. The job requires compliance, not defiance.

I don't know what you're expecting but a roster gutting isn't happening anytime soon.

I don't know what you're expecting but a roster gutting isn't happening anytime soon.

Its not but Gorton isnt going to just tweak around the edges

Half this team wont be back in 1-2 years , many deck chairs need to be moved

I want Darche. Let's poach executives from successful organizations that knows how to draft and develop players. Plus didn't we wanted a college grad for a change?

Gorton has a master’s degree. He’s the defacto GM.

Two college grad is better than one :)

I just don't see what qualify Briere more than Darche. In an ideal world, Darche would be assistant GM though, which is kinda what he would be.

I'd be fine with Madden Jr as well.

Two college grad is better than one :)

I just don't see what qualify Briere more than Darche. In an ideal world, Darche would be assistant GM though, which is kinda what he would be.

I'd be fine with Madden Jr as well.
Darche the player was too much like Marc Bergevin the player. A journeyman plug. And MB loved his d-men plugs a little too much. That's my concern with Darche. Briere is apparent;y very smart and he was far from a plug.

Replacing the biceps brothers with a women would be fantastic.
The more I think about the management structure the more I think Emily Castonguay is the ideal GM candidate - can leverage strengths that neither Gorton or Madden Jr possess … contract negotiations & administration, while apprenticing / learning hockey ops & scouting strategy from two to the best in Gorton & Madden Jr - obviously assumes throwing a boat load of $ to Madden Jr to assume same VP scouting role he has in Ana - apparently Madden Jr doesn’t care for being GM or media interaction, and he’ll likely be interested w his family living in Quebec full time already (never having moved to Cali)

There’s no smoke & mirrors, clear delineation of roles & responsibilities:

Gorton - Hockey Ops lead
Madden Jr - All things scouting (amateur + pro)
Castonguay - contracts + hockey ops administration & apprenticing as succession plan for next Habs GM role

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
Back