• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

CJ doesn't know anything
CJ might be talking to other managers as a source. But I doubt it’s “foundational” as one of matthews, JT or Marner needs to be traded to fit that into our lineup.

Maybe he means they are fixing the SBA ice!?

CJ might be talking to other managers as a source. But I doubt it’s “foundational” as one of matthews, JT or Marner needs to be traded to fit that into our lineup.

Maybe he means they are fixing the SBA ice!?
That's the beauty of these vague rumors. Anything can happen and he'd technically be "right"!

Just spit-ballin', Malkin, Kane or Doughty.

Marner going out and multiple pieces coming back.

Last edited:
Konecny makes some sense. He seems to have fallen out of favor with the Flyers. And the Flyers have pretty much promised significant changes. That would qualify as one of them!

If that means they swap out Hyman for Konecny on the roster I think I like that. But part of me wonders why the coaching staff hates the guy so much.

It would have to be somoene making that kind of money, because they only have $7 mill in cap space and need like 5 forwards, a dman and a goalie. Even if you move Kerfoot it only opens up so much room. And they aren't trading the big 4.

But if you are looking at signing Hyman for $5ish mill, then exploring what other kind of forward you can get for that makes a ton of sense. Because you can get a much better forward.

I think they should walk away from Hyman. We've seen the best he can be already. 'Intangibles" and "Working hard" isn't a reason to overpay.
Kerfoot has been solid in the playoffs. I would move Muzzin first.

20160612pdPenguinsSports011-1-1568244902.jpg

Back