• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

I think Klingberg is banged up too. Might be a spot open for benoit/lagesson/kokkonen to get an opportunity.

Still going with mostly bubble guys at forward tonight.

NHLers: Knies Robertson Gregor Holmberg
Prospects: Cowan Minten Hirvonen Tverberg
AHLers: Steeves Abruzzese Clifford Slavin

NHLers: Rielly Brodie McCabe Benoit
Prospects: Niemela
AHLers: Rifai Petroniro

Goalies: Hildeby Jones

Brodie apparently didn't really train at all this summer after the death of his father. This is why he's only just getting in his first game tonight. So hopefully it doesn't have much of an impact on his game early on.

Now still, without a jarnkrok trade, a Timmins LTIR still only lets us ice a 20 man roster with no extras, as we'd only have $606k in space.

Unless we ditch Lafferty and replace him with a league minimum guy like Gregor, which would give us an additional $375k in space i.e. $981k total space - enough room to carry one extra skater.

the most expensive extra guy would be Cowan at $936k, which obviously would fit easily. the next higghest is Martin Jones at $857k. then Roni and Topi at $857k.

Day off today but i thought they'd at least to a whole whack of cuts to give us something to talk about.

Guys i expect to survive the big round of cuts:

Nylander --- Matthews --- Marner
Domi --- Tavares --- Bertuzzi
Knies --- Jarnkrok --- Lafferty
Gregor --- Kampf --- Reaves
Robertson --- Holmberg --- McMann
Cowan --- Minten --- Hirvonen
(Steeves --- Abruzzese --- Ellis)

Rielly --- Brodie
McCabe --- Liljegren
Giordano --- Klingberg
Benoit --- Timmins
Lagesson --- Kokkonen
(Rifai --- Villeneuve)

Samsonov
Woll
(Jones)

Looks like they’re dressing what appears to be their full opening night forward contingent tonight:

I really thought Knies and Robertson would get a rest. This is like they're 4th game in 6 nights. Good sign for robbie tho.

And still no mystery man krok to be seen.

Also very encouraging for Kokkonen - he seems to be the first choice guy to fill in on the right side with klingberg and timmins banged up.

Ya know my eyes have been disappointed in Topi as much as the next guy but he's been the top of the xgf% list on the Leafs in both games he played. Last game he was at a team high 75% xgf%, the game before a team high 64%. Hard to read too much into xgf% at that sample size but 2 games in a row means I'm gonna start paying a bit more attention in his next game if he gets one.

Krok would slide right into the Tavares line if they really are keeping him. And then Laff can be dumped because he's fucking garbage and isn't even standing out against largely AHL rosters.

Partially because Klingberg is out maybe, but the 2nd pp unit tonight now has four forwards too:

Bertuzzi

Domi --------- Knies -------- Robby

Lilly​

Back