• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

still think jarnkrok is a gonner.

His disappearing act during camp is highly suspicious. Especially when he’s the most obviously expendable guy on the roster, and his cap hit going away solves so many problems.

Also worth considering that Treliving coughed up three draft picks to acquire Yarn as a deadline pickup when he was the GM in Calgary, and the guy was a total bust for them. One goal & 8 points during his 29-game stop in Calgary.

Man the skill upgrade over last year is really hammered home looking at that 2nd unit.

Bertuzzi Domi Knies Robertson Klingberg

over the highest TOI 2nd unit guys:

Bunting Jarnkrok Engvall Kerfoot Sandin

His disappearing act during camp is highly suspicious. Especially when he’s the most obviously expendable guy on the roster, and his cap hit going away solves so many problems.

Also worth considering that Treliving coughed up three draft picks to acquire Yarn as a deadline pickup when he was the GM in Calgary, and the guy was a total bust for them. One goal & 8 points during his 29-game stop in Calgary.

Well Jarnkrok was actually a solid 3C for them those playoffs. But in general i agree he knows what the player is.

Well Jarnkrok was actually a solid 3C for them those playoffs. But in general i agree he knows what the player is.

No matter how good your fancy stats are, if you’re scoring at a 3-goal/23-point pace, you’re a garbage third line center.

He was a 27pt even strength pace in the playoffs, which is fine 3rd line production. But still, I agree that Treliving knows what he is.

Speed and Power. They basically see him as Chad Kilger, though hopefully with a bit more brains. I don't mind some more of that one the team tbh - and i'm actually interested to see how Tavares looks with two guys like Knies and Lafferty beside him. It might put him in more of a comfort zone.

The key here is to ditch jarnkrok, though.

"will skate with the second group"

giphy.gif

Can they "waive" Giordano, and just let everyone know that if you claim him, he will retire. Then have him play every other game or so to keep him fresh.

It's not much money off the books but you can use him to give some guys some rest throughout the season. Brodie, Mcabe, Rielly Load management

Speed and Power. They basically see him as Chad Kilger, though hopefully with a bit more brains. I don't mind some more of that one the team tbh - and i'm actually interested to see how Tavares looks with two guys like Knies and Lafferty beside him. It might put him in more of a comfort zone.

The key here is to ditch jarnkrok, though.
Why would you be intrigued in fourth line trash playing on the Tavares line?

Back