• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Not sure I love tying Knies to Minty this early other than on the PK. They have nice chemistry there, but I want to see Knies go nuts with Tavares and Nylander. Domi to the third line with Minty.

I'm not too horny yet. If Minten is gonna make the team it's gonna be as the 3C. So Keefe is giving it a look because you sorta have to. If he stands out in a big way, maybe he makes it but I would imagine it's against the odds. Glad he's getting a shot though for sure.

i tried a few ways of reading those lines then i gave up.

but given how well both Gregor and Lafferty have played maybe this opens up the possibility of a Gregor-Kampf-Lafferty 4th line, with Reaves a part timer.

but again, none of these combos are worth talking about. roster doesn't make sense unless they move jarnkrok or lafferty.

Even Timmins to the LTIR leaves room for only one of Robertson/Gregor/Holmberg/Minten/McMann, and even that's only temporary.

i tried a few ways of reading those lines then i gave up.

but given how well both Gregor and Lafferty have played maybe this opens up the possibility of a Gregor-Kampf-Lafferty 4th line, with Reaves a part timer.

if there are injuries and they have room I’d bet that’s how it plays out.

but again, none of these combos are worth talking about. roster doesn't make sense unless they move jarnkrok or lafferty.

Even Timmins to the LTIR leaves room for only one of Robertson/Gregor/Holmberg/Minten/McMann, and even that's only temporary.
what if Klingberg is on LTIR?

I'm not too horny yet. If Minten is gonna make the team it's gonna be as the 3C. So Keefe is giving it a look because you sorta have to. If he stands out in a big way, maybe he makes it but I would imagine it's against the odds. Glad he's getting a shot though for sure.
Why shouldn't he make it though? He's proven he can hang, and how much better could Laff possibly be that we need to shove him ahead. I'd rather we risk failing with Minten than "succeeding" with Laff.

Why shouldn't he make it though? He's proven he can hang, and how much better could Laff possibly be that we need to shove him ahead. I'd rather we risk failing with Minten than "succeeding" with Laff.
He's only 19 and just came off a season/playoff where he put up just 1.06 PPG in the WHL.

TLDR: Young + not quite putting up dominant numbers in junior vs having an amazing preseason. Not a simple decision IMO. I agree it would be way more fun if he makes it tho and I hope he does.

He's only 19 and just came off a season/playoff where he put up just 1.06 PPG in the WHL.

TLDR: Young + not quite putting up dominant numbers in junior vs having an amazing preseason. Not a simple decision IMO. I agree it would be way more fun if he makes it tho and I hope he does.

if they have/make room, no harm in giving him the 9gm looksee at least.

For me he has a lot to gain by going back to junior. Want to see him build on this camp and put up some real numbers down there this year. He'll probably never be a top line caliber player but developing some extra offense in a larger role down there has never hurt anyone.

For me he has a lot to gain by going back to junior. Want to see him build on this camp and put up some real numbers down there this year. He'll probably never be a top line caliber player but developing some extra offense has never hurt anyone.
I know it’s likely better for him, but I’m so tempted by the idea of what if he’s ready…

Back