• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

All the games I’ve watched opening weekend have featured an excess number of penalties — it’s that time of the year when the refs reveal their “points of emphasis” for the coming season

All the games I’ve watched opening weekend have featured an excess number of penalties — it’s that time of the year when the refs reveal their “points of emphasis” for the coming season
Usually in serious lopsided fashion.

The amount of bad calls on both teams in Buffalo wasn’t points of emphasis. They were flat out bad and inconsistent.

He allegedly did, but maybe not, because "facts"

Child abuse investigation​

In March 2019, Hill was investigated for alleged battery after an incident in which his three-year-old son sustained a broken arm.[163] The following month, his son was placed into care of child services temporarily as a result of an emergency hearing conducted by the Kansas Department of Children and Families.[164] On April 24, Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe released a statement, saying that his office believed a crime had been committed but the evidence did not allow them to determine the perpetrator, and that the Kansas Department of Children and Families continued to investigate.[164] The following day, an audio recording of Hill and Espinal discussing the injury to their son and the subsequent investigation was released.[164] In the recording that surfaced, Hill and his fiancée discuss their son's broken arm; she says that their son is scared of him, to which Hill responds, "You should be afraid of me too, bitch."[165] As a result, the criminal investigation into Hill was re-opened.[166] On June 7, prosecutors announced the case against Hill was inactive.[167] On June 10, reports surfaced that medical investigations showed his son's arm was broken by accident and in a way that indicated it was broken bracing for a fall.[168] On July 9, 2019, the full unedited audio from the recording was released. In the full audio, Hill accuses Espinal of lying about the domestic violence accusations in 2014 and about Hill breaking their son's arm.[169] The NFL stated they have always had the full audio of the recording.[170] On July 19, 2019, the NFL released a statement saying that Hill will not be suspended and that they found no evidence that Hill violated the personal conduct policy, but the incident will be re-examined if new evidence emerges.[171]

Back