• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TML? More like FML, amirite? Yet Another Off Season Thread

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
married-with-children-al-bundy.gif

Alright, let's go.

Habsy, please shut down the site for a month or two.

I've had enough Leafs and hockey to last me for a while.

I have no issue with trading a core player as long as the return is an upgrade. No lateral moves for the sake of change

Overhaul the bottom 6. Roll with Kampf and Engvall and Blackwell. Promote Steeves, Robertson and look through the UFA bin for more bargain finds

Goalie: find a deal for Mrazek and look for a new friend for Jack. Ride the hot hand.

JT: Showed up in the final games of the series but much like Muzzin, age wont be kind to him. That cap hit could be utilized much better. Might be next to impossible to find a dance partner though

Last edited:
I will say though, thank the lord we didn't trade our 1st away if we were going to lose again.

Then again, if we did, maybe we'd have added a piece to boost us to victory.

That's the beauty of the Leafs, we'll never know.

I have no issue with trading a core player as long as the return is an upgrade. No lateral moves for the sake of change

If we're making a big change, the move is to hit the reset button on the veteran leadership class of the group.

Game 5 last year - lose in OT.

Game 6 last year - lose in OT.

Game 7 last year - lose 3-1 and muster one goal with a minute left.

Game 6 this year - lose in OT.

Game 7 this year - lose 2-1.

Every fucking time, forwards get shut down when we’re one goal away from a series win in four of those games, or just short of tying the others.

Get a forward and concentrate on scoring depth. Keep Mikky. Robertson plays. Use the Muzz money on another prime forward.

You seem to think that every summer. That "X" player you either want, or want to keep is going to be significantly cheaper than they end up being.
And I’m right a lot of the time.

He could pull a Hyman and go for every last cent, or he could pull a Mikky and leave money on the table. Since he is Mikky, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tavares I was right, buddy.

Pietro, I was wrong.

Hyman I wasn’t sure, but was surprised he actually did it.

Back